Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Mateo, CA - Park Place (LIVE, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Though I'm be curious what they're saying to prospective customers who are renters....

They're saying to prospective customers who are renters that they can use the Superchargers for all their charging. I can vouch for this as when I ordered my car last year, i didn't yet have charging in my condo building and specifically asked Tesla about this. Thankfully now I have charging in my bldg, but I can agree with strider that in effect the only people who can get a Tesla now are homeowners with garages. It is very rare to be able to get your apartment/condo building to agree to put in a charger (I was lucky). And there aren't enough L2 chargers around to make it convenient for aptmt/condo dwellers to use them instead. Charging infrastructure is sorely lacking.

This is a current update of the San Mateo supercharger from today during grocery shopping:

tngs4-preview-familydock-hd-large.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, more seriously, the wind kicked up and the fence was blown over. Can't really see meaningful progress. Perhaps someone with a more expert eye can analyze.

20150613_152353.jpg
20150613_152429.jpg

The superchargers themselves are in place, that's good. I'd like to see more of the underneath electrical plumbing to/from the Utility cabinets to see the progress there. (in the parking garage directly underneath) Something that caught my eye are the bottoms of the supercharger p e d e s t a l s. They look like they may ...M A Y ... be of the the design necessary for the liquid cooled supercharger cables with the bottom panel designed for vents/airflow/etc. We don't have a good look at the bottom of the only supercharger pedestal cover to be sure so another picture of the pedestal cover focusing on the bottom would be appreciated! ...and hey! see if you can easily pull the fence back up..... just a thought! :cool:always awaiting more photos:cool: Many thanks for the update!!

I would think that we are within about 2+ weeks of completion. I see the transformer in the background, as well as the Supercharger cabinets, it seems it is mostly wiring, pedestal assembly, a secure enclosure for the superchargers themselves, wiring and testing.

I sure hope it is done before TMC Connect, for those us driving from the north and/or heading to Bonnie's afterward. :smile:

Tyl -- will you please, please, please post your pictures properly. It has been explained to you how to do it. I know you're trying to be helpful, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who cringes every time I see one of your posts. If that's the effect you're looking for, carry on.

Let me see if this works??? Humm now..... this is not oriented on my device!?! I hope it posts ok for everyone else!!
image.jpg

so editing and rotating then posts them incorrectly on my phone?? Is this correct for others???
..... My intent is just to get a visual posted. Everything I see on my device orients correctly except this last photo?!? all I have is my phone!! ...... I'd love others to post regularly with photos that orient correctly then I wouldn't even have to travel to San Mateo.... It's about 800 miles outta the way.... I just happen to be back and forth from time to time! I understand the cringe factor. It's always driven me nuts also.

Last edited:
Supercharger San Mateo's pedestals are not vented for the new liquid cooled supercharging cables. The liquid cooled supercharging cables in Mountain a View CA are being BETA tested for six months minimum. It will be a while before we see liquid cooled cables in other SC locations. (of another interest) Harris Ranch.. is in the earliest stages of adding four more superchargers..... about 9-12 months if request is approved.

No, I don't work for Tesla or anyone!! I just read up on the company and follow along with everyone else. I get snippets of information from folks along the way and over these last several years, of course, paid close attention to the TSCN. The TSCN's buildout has been critical for my personal travel desires. I've never liked charging for twelve hours while on the road except when I was sleeping. Those early days of getting around on level 1 or 2's are are falling by the wayside rapidly. I-40, I-10, I-25, I-20 & I-81 corridors will be of the greatest importance.... They will make make getting around CONUS effortless.... at least for me! Now if only a Tesla transporting Hyperloop could get me quickly to H-1 and another Hyperloop to another of my favorite spots, Austraila I'd be set!!