Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Ramon, CA - Diablo Plaza (LIVE 5 Apr 2019, 20 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seemed odd that Tesla only put in 10 stalls at its new supercharger by the Target in San Ramon, but apparently there was a method to their madness as I found planning application AT 18-200-037 submitted July 10th (while the existing supercharger was under construction) and under review as of August 31st.

Request for an Architectural Review application to modify the existing parking lot in Diablo Plaza adjacent to the Patelco Credit Union tenant for twenty (20) electric vehicle (EV) Tesla supercharger posts. The EV charger parking spaces would continue to be available to all customers and tenants.

The location is 2415 San Ramon Valley Blvd, on the southwest side of the intersection with Crow Canyon Road.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
@emupilot you are on fire! :cool: Thanks for posting. That’s a great find.
It seemed odd that Tesla only put in 10 stalls at its new supercharger by the Target in San Ramon, but apparently there was a method to their madness as I found planning application AT 18-200-037 submitted July 10th (while the existing supercharger was under construction) and under review as of August 31st.

The location is 2415 San Ramon Valley Blvd, on the southwest side of the intersection with Crow Canyon Road.

That’s a strange place for 20 stalls... it’s quite busy (hence remaining available to all customers).

I wonder if PG&E ultimately couldn’t feed the required power for the full 16 stalls at target at this time, so Tesla started looking for another nearby location. Also the target location will be a zoo once city center opens up.

I’ll go by and grab pictures of this new site shortly.

CE47C010-DE79-43E4-B423-987DCDAD6F13.jpeg
A7128D60-0AB0-45E4-94E7-D55D2512A2D1.jpeg
7187E259-5ADB-46C8-9A4E-2CA8BE4284B8.jpeg
DD810B6C-87C8-4E5C-899D-6457D39D2B6B.jpeg
46F2B8FF-18BC-4945-854F-9EB9B7547DEF.jpeg
Here’s some pictures. If it’s really on the Patelco side as per the permit, it’s going to be tight. There’s plenty of parking on the other side by chipotle though.

As of the September 30, 2018 project list this is now showing as approved. Expect construction to begin at any time.

AR 18-200-037 Tesla EV Charging Station 2415 San Ramon Valley Blvd. Tesla – Applicant Regency Centers – Owner Request for an Architectural Review application to modify the existing parking lot in Diablo Plaza adjacent to the Patelco Credit Union tenant for twenty (20) electric vehicle (EV) Tesla supercharger posts. The EV charger parking spaces would continue to be available to all customers and tenants. Ryan Driscoll 7/10/18 Approved

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo
Appriciate you posting this we need more tri valley supercharging. Looking at Google maps the entire building the Patelco is in shares the same address so if 20 chargers were adjacent they almost have to be in the big lot closer to Chipotle .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181021-104030_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20181021-104030_Maps.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 170
That’s a strange place for 20 stalls... it’s quite busy (hence remaining available to all customers).
View attachment 343002 View attachment 343003 View attachment 343004 View attachment 343005 View attachment 343006 Here’s some pictures. If it’s really on the Patelco side as per the permit, it’s going to be tight. There’s plenty of parking on the other side by chipotle though.
Construction started on this supercharger.
!

I must say I feel baffled, but maybe they'll be dual-use (ICE or EV). Maybe the employees can park in back.

This is crazy. Only been to San Ramon for the first time this week and now they are getting a second, both less than 5 miles from Dublin and that less than 5 miles from Livermore. When the new Dublin charger is complete that will be *72* stalls all w/i 10 miles. Of course sites like Daly City got 40 stalls w/i a single structure.

-Randy

This is crazy. Only been to San Ramon for the first time this week and now they are getting a second, both less than 5 miles from Dublin and that less than 5 miles from Livermore. When the new Dublin charger is complete that will be *72* stalls all w/i 10 miles. Of course sites like Daly City got 40 stalls w/i a single structure.

-Randy
YOU get a supercharger and YOU get a supercharger.

EVERYBODY GETS A SUPERCHARGER!!