Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Ramon, CA - Diablo Plaza (LIVE 5 Apr 2019, 20 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the north San Ramon chargers and they sure look ready to go. I wonder what the hang up is. The Tesla supercharger map doesn't even show the site as under construction.
The Tesla.com “Find Us” page map showing Supercharger locations, and the in car nav, never show future sites as “under construction”. The in car nav shows the site when it is open and operational, and the Find Us map simply shows operational sites in red and sites in gray as “coming soon”.

The hang up is likely the final inspection.

F24E839F-7A54-4EAD-963A-B1DB85F64DB3.jpeg
CF52661B-9927-4804-B986-AE3B2C21F078.jpeg
I was looking at the map on Tesla.com. It shows the Dublin Target as under construction, but not San Ramon.
20. spaces. Look like they only need an approval to turn on

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
I was looking at the map on Tesla.com. It shows the Dublin Target as under construction, but not San Ramon.
Actually it does not.

It does not say that location is “under construction”. It says “Coming soon”, like all grey icons, and it says “Target opening in 2019”, like all grey icons, and the use of the word “Target” does not mean this Supercharger will be located at a Target store. Check other grey pin icons on the Find Us page.

450399F7-8D9D-4564-8F47-12D101C05980.jpeg

It's now showing up on Tesla app (and not surprisingly the Tesla API) as one of the nearby chargers close to me (according to a data logging application I have running, this started showing up around 2:30AM). The name is "San Ramon, CA - Diablo Plaza", and appear to be a few people charging there as I type. Still don't see it on the Tesla "find us" page. Updated the thread title.

Bruce.

Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
Here charging now. 6 of 20 stalls ICEd. I would expect that to be endemic at this location especially since the stalls are labeled for 60 minutes general parking. You will NOT be able to rely at all on the Nav display showing how many stalls are available at this location due to the high level of ICEing.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Here charging now. 6 of 20 stalls ICEd. I would expect that to be endemic at this location especially since the stalls are labeled for 60 minutes general parking. You will NOT be able to rely at all on the Nav display showing how many stalls are available at this location due to the high level of ICEing.
And ICE cars do not know the protocol for us EV cars in general. I feel that this was short sighted on labeling, imho

Most likely, they had no choice due to city parking requirements for the existing businesses. If you dedicate them to EV charging they may not count for the general parking requirements.

Yes, that was exactly the issue. If you go back up thread a ways, you'll see my original photos where 18 of them were labeled as "EV Charging Only" and only two were for mixed use. Well before they went online those were removed and replaced with the full mixed use ones.

If you charge here, just use one of the General Parking stalls if you can. That way you are saving a reserved stall for another Tesla.

Doesn’t matter too much...all of the stalls but two permit general parking.

Doing a touch and go charge here...nice and quiet this morning with only one other Tesla here and one stall ICEd.

For some reason I find the signage in front of this tree hilarious.

CEE70534-50A9-4B10-BB27-D47B6BB378DF.jpeg

Bruce.