Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Ramon, CA (expanded to 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this via a local Tesla owners Facebook group today. I could believe this...from the data I have, the San Ramon Supercharger seems to be pretty consistently full or close-to-full between about 0800 and 2000.

Bruce.

View attachment 369011

I certainly believe it. I work across Bollinger Canyon from there (about 1/2 mile away) and although I've only charged there once (for my "I charged there" list), I can't help tapping the icon for it on my Nav screen every day when I leave work (at 2:30 pm). It is full just about every time. Once in a great while it shows 1 available. As I leave work I almost always see one or two other Teslas turning towards that Target and the charger.

Yes. I was there last Tuesday at noon and the in-car status showed all 10 occupied. I got there and two were open. So I can maybe blame latency. But at least i got a spot.
Latency is usually only a minute or two (or maybe less!) in my experience. But there is also the issue of cabinets not "communicating" properly which leads to certain stalls showing as occupied when they are not (The reverse never seems to happen).

Reactions: Blu Zap
I happened on this thread and thought I would mention that there are apparently at least 16, maybe 20 superchargers going in near the intersection of Crow Canyon Road and highway 680 in San Ramon. It was screened to a bit hard to see. It doesn't show on the map as yet, but I happened past there yesterday and the construction was obvious. On the map, it would be on the corner of Twin Creeks Drive and Crow Canyon Road in the Diablo Plaza shopping center. That should relieve some of the pressure on Target and and the Dublin Tesla Service Center.

I happened on this thread and thought I would mention that there are apparently at least 16, maybe 20 superchargers going in near the intersection of Crow Canyon Road and highway 680 in San Ramon. It was screened to a bit hard to see. It doesn't show on the map as yet, but I happened past there yesterday and the construction was obvious. On the map, it would be on the corner of Twin Creeks Drive and Crow Canyon Road in the Diablo Plaza shopping center. That should relieve some of the pressure on Target and and the Dublin Tesla Service Center.

Here's the thread for that installation (20 urban-style chargers, btw): Supercharger - San Ramon - 2415 San Ramon Valley Blvd (Construction started Dec 2018)

• Helpful
Reactions: ChrisJ and mblakele
I certainly believe it. I work across Bollinger Canyon from there (about 1/2 mile away) and although I've only charged there once (for my "I charged there" list), I can't help tapping the icon for it on my Nav screen every day when I leave work (at 2:30 pm). It is full just about every time. Once in a great while it shows 1 available. As I leave work I almost always see one or two other Teslas turning towards that Target and the charger.

7:00am to 9:00am is almost always a line of people charging right before work. From 9:00am until about 11:00 am (before lunch time), there is only a couple cars at any given time.

But, you can remove that limit by just sliding the capacity bar to the right to remove the limitation. It just defaults to 80% when you start charging. ;)

Reactions: jboy210
Moderator note (bmah): Moved from the thread on the Supercharger in San Ramon, CA at Diablo Plaza.

Hi All,
I know this is an older post about the San Ramon Target chargers & Safeway location chargers. I just drove by the superchargers at Target this morning and they all had caution tape wrapped around them. Any one know if these are getting upgraded?

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator note (bmah): Moved from the thread on the Supercharger in San Ramon, CA at Diablo Plaza.

Hi All,
I know this is an older post about the San Ramon Target chargers & Safeway location chargers. I just drove by the superchargers at Target this morning and they all had caution tape wrapped around them. Any one know if these are getting upgraded?

Any updates on this? Still closed as far as I know.