Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Ramon, CA (expanded to 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish what ever they are doing, they would hurry up and do it. Things are gettin a little testy at Diablo Plaza between ICE cars and Teslas.

Not just with ICE cars, but between Teslas as well.
The “L” shape creates an issue when the chargers are all full. You have cars waiting on both sides, and neither can see each other.

Then there’s the issue with some Tesla drivers, who aren’t very competent with backing in, causing traffic and ICE drivers to become PO’d, rightfully so.

IMG_2389.jpeg
I drove past Diablo Plaza yesterday and there were 12 cars on the chargers. I could tell some of the spaces were ICED, but I didn't see anyone waiting. I checked Target on my screen and only 4 cars were charging. That's unusual. I have a feeling that there is going to be some friction with the shared parking at Diablo Plaza.
I took this picture the day after the wind toppled a tree and crushed the car on a charger. Target was closed and five were unusable because of the tree. The power was out in much of the city, so people couldn't charge at home.

The bad news: Still “Temporary closure” (all stalls down as of this morning, but people still keep pulling in here to try to charge).

The good news: I counted 6 new pedestals, for a total of 16. The new ones are v2 but anything’s better than nothing at this perpetually crowded location. No apparent signs of construction but I’m not sure what to expect with an expansion as opposed to a new site.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9