Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sand City, CA (LIVE 17 Apr 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A permit has been issued for the Sand City, CA Supercharger at the Target at 2040 California Ave.

Found the proof in a city council agenda packet. The Superchargers will be placed near the Starbucks, located in the Target. The meeting was held December 1st 2020, so construction may have started by now. Will add on Supercharge Info.

https://www.sandcity.org/home/showpublisheddocument?id=2975

C859FF3B-0D45-476B-B145-5B659C844EF1.jpeg

Attachments

• FD68765B-813D-4E6C-B6BF-8FC0334A0322.jpeg
    FD68765B-813D-4E6C-B6BF-8FC0334A0322.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 4C662328-3B14-4B0D-ADFA-5EE3A4CF4283.jpeg
    4C662328-3B14-4B0D-ADFA-5EE3A4CF4283.jpeg
    695.1 KB · Views: 146
A permit has been issued for the Sand City, CA Supercharger at the Target at 2040 California Ave.

Found the proof in a city council agenda packet. The Superchargers will be placed near the Starbucks, located in the Target. The meeting was held December 1st 2020, so construction may have started by now. Will add on Supercharge Info.

https://www.sandcity.org/home/showpublisheddocument?id=2975

View attachment 635975

From the description there, I'd expect that they are more likely to be near the standalone Starbucks on the west side of the parking lot than the one inside the store, which has no exterior signage. This may still be in the Target parking lot, just on the side farthest from the store. The one I mean: Google Maps

• Helpful
Reactions: MarcoRP
Believe correct about 'stand alone' Starbucks location. Shopping center across from Costco, which is just over abandoned railroad tracks from Tesla Service Center.
Let's see... McDonalds, Panera, Five Guys, Jamba, Chipotle, - over by Costco is a Jerseys Subs. also access to the beach of Monterey Bay and bike trail for miles - stretching from Pebble Beach/Pacific Grove north past Marina.

• Funny
Reactions: bmah
Not much different than last week. I did see (thru the mesh screen) that some rather large holes have been dug - not trenches - large circular holes in the parking lot asphalt. Otherwise, the visible part above the screen shows that all the stacked equipment has unchanged.
Pics weren't needed.
My guess - end of April, earliest.

1. The pedestals are installed. This site has both Tesla and non-Tesla charging stalls, though Telsa predominates.
2. Status of the white Tesla cabinets is unclear, because they are/will be inside an enclosure (similar to Windsor and San Bruno) which is currently behind a construction fence.
3. The transformer pad is across the roadway, instead of being adjacent to the Tesla cabinets, which is has been typical. They must have been really squeezed for space here.
4. Lots of traffic in the parking lot yesterday, a Sunday.

IMG_7321.JPG
IMG_7318.JPG

Fortunately that area (gray tarp) wasn't really used that much previously. Almost no one parked in that area against the fence except for a few spots directly next to Starbucks. Either way, it's not gonna be a whole lot of fun navigating this area once the stations are in play, BUT it's a good geographical stop over charging spot for those checking out the southern end of the Monterey Peninsula. I'd except these stations to be quite busy...always...

Fortunately that area (gray tarp) wasn't really used that much previously. Almost no one parked in that area against the fence except for a few spots directly next to Starbucks. Either way, it's not gonna be a whole lot of fun navigating this area once the stations are in play, BUT it's a good geographical stop over charging spot for those checking out the southern end of the Monterey Peninsula. I'd except these stations to be quite busy...always...
Waiting to see how this plays out.... The drive thru at SBux has always overflowed into the lanes used to navigate through this parking lot. Maybe they plan to re-route the 'drive past' area. Otherwise if they leave the current parking spots across from SBux, this will be fun to watch.
But seems like there are other expansion plans for this area (furniture store?) so re-drawing the entire lot may be happening.
The addition of about a dozen large crates recently suggests there will be construction soon - unless Tesla decided to add 200 chargers.