Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sand City, CA (LIVE 17 Apr 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I’m going to be down that way AFTER the Carmel Pebble beach car week, and don’t have charging where we’re staying. So, need something reliable and fast hopefully, where I can pickup a coffee and wait for 30 minutes to charge a LR M3 to ~85%.
I believe all the destination chargers at the Hyatt (installed for one of the 1st Tesla meetings about 8 years ago) may still be live and accessible.

Thanks. I’m going to be down that way AFTER the Carmel Pebble beach car week, and don’t have charging where we’re staying. So, need something reliable and fast hopefully, where I can pickup a coffee and wait for 30 minutes to charge a LR M3 to ~85%.

Try the Salinas charger; although, I take it you're staying in Carmel or Monterey? Of course, check availability of either of those SCs (Monterey / Seaside). Also, I think you can charge at the service center, also in Seaside. It's worth looking into.

Has Anyone charger here lately? I ended up charging here a couple times in the past few days and I was it about 60% SOC, and the car would only take 80 kWh charging. Today I went back with only 27% SOC, and the car peaked at 112 KWH and quickly went back down to about 80 kWh for the remaining time just put to 200 miles or ~58% SOC. There was literally NOBODY else there, and it was morning so i can’t imagine the grid being over taxed. I drove the car about 10 miles to the SC with it as destination so it was preconditioning the battery the entire time, or at least as much as it normally would?

Sounds about normal. There is a graph located here somewhere - maybe someone else can steer you to it. But it shows charge expected based on where the battery level is. The 250 kW rate doesn't last very long.
Yes, I’ve seen that graph (have a saved copy somewhere). But, I was just surprised that even at 30%, it wouldn’t even delivery 150 or 100 kWh, that is IMHO unusual relative to my experience with just 150 kWh SC’s or even with the 250 kWh ones.