Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sandusky, Ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK...it's working, but only half the stalls are available right now. The fence is still blocking the other 5. I did get an incredibly fast charge out of this thing though. Even the M3 owner that pulled in after me remarked the same. Hopefully it stays that way when the other five go into service.

upload_2018-7-4_17-59-6.png

upload_2018-7-4_17-59-33.png

Yeah, maybe they did this to be open on the 4th of July. But certainly this is something they could do elsewhere as well.

I'll tell you though...it's a sinking feeling to pull into the parking lot and see the fence and the construction cones first when you only have 50 miles of range remaining. it wasn't until I got to the other side that I could tell it was actually open.

Yeah, maybe they did this to be open on the 4th of July. But certainly this is something they could do elsewhere as well.

I'll tell you though...it's a sinking feeling to pull into the parking lot and see the fence and the construction cones first when you only have 50 miles of range remaining. it wasn't until I got to the other side that I could tell it was actually open.
You were only 35 miles away from the supercharger in Sheffield.

You were only 35 miles away from the supercharger in Sheffield.

That's true. Just 35 miles in the wrong direction. :)

There are even 3 hotels in town that have Destination chargers...I could have used one of those for a half hour or so and likely been able to get back to Toledo or Maumee....which is what I probably would have done if this one wasn't open. Taking Highway 2...

I corrected the name of the site. I also reported the site to have an admin flip this to a Supercharger site. While mere mortals can add CHAdeMO and CCS site, only the blessed few can add Tesla Supercharger site. they really should just auto-import that data from Tesla’s web site.

I corrected the name of the site. I also reported the site to have an admin flip this to a Supercharger site. While mere mortals can add CHAdeMO and CCS site, only the blessed few can add Tesla Supercharger site. they really should just auto-import that data from Tesla’s web site.
It takes some sort of invitation from Tesla. It usually comes two/three days for it to go on PlugShare.

They automatically sync their data from Tesla but it doesn't happen very often - sometimes only every 1-2 weeks - which results in these locations being manually added. Then, since they can't select "Supercharger" they often end up as "wall" or "Tesla" (as in destination charger). Then people add checkins and photos, and when the automated feed updates someone (I guess Plugshare staff) need to manually intervene.

I keep meaning to raise this (among many other issues) with Plugshare staff but I keep looking for a public bug/feature tracking site but they don't seem to have one, then I put it off :p

It would be nice if they automatically imported "construction" supercharger sites from supercharge.info!

Reactions: MarcoRP
No, I set it to “Sandusky Supercharger” as well. It only survived my correction for 15 minutes or so before getting the upside down punctuation marks. Sill listed properly as of 7:00 AM CDT this morning. I do see that “Mr. Plugshare” is the user that posted the photos to that site, but that’s not evidence in any way that they are the one changing the site name.

it's likely that he grabbed my pictures from this thread and then created the site and then someone came along behind him and keeps changing the name. Who knows...they'll get it sorted eventually. The other issue I have is that they list it as only 5 stalls, and while that was absolutely true on July 4th, it may not be true any longer. The place has 10 and all they had to do was a little cleanup and remove the fence. It's probably at 10 already (awaiting confirmation of course).

it's likely that he grabbed my pictures from this thread and then created the site and then someone came along behind him and keeps changing the name. Who knows...they'll get it sorted eventually. The other issue I have is that they list it as only 5 stalls, and while that was absolutely true on July 4th, it may not be true any longer. The place has 10 and all they had to do was a little cleanup and remove the fence. It's probably at 10 already (awaiting confirmation of course).
I hope you don’t mind. I just created the location based on the info you gave out. Yes, I did just the first set of exclamation points. (!) but not the other.

I keep meaning to raise this (among many other issues) with Plugshare staff but I keep looking for a public bug/feature tracking site but they don't seem to have one, then I put it off :p

It would be nice if they automatically imported "construction" supercharger sites from supercharge.info!

1: There was once a little hack I found thru the app on « flagged » locations, like some Superchargers where I would turn off my Wi-Fi, hit the map marker , the edit button, and modify at my leisure (save needs the Wi-Fi to be on) The only problem is that PlugShare seems to have figured it out. D’oh!

P.S. just tried it, and it seems that I can edit it to any plug type I want. See PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

2: that would never happen as per this exact email
C946C96C-E445-4FE1-9ED2-9354E6044C42.jpeg
don’t worry about the 1st sentence

Last edited by a moderator: