Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sanford, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the latest Tesla supercharger map update they show one coming to Sanford in Q3. A little permit digging shows it’s likely to be at the Wawa on 46, near I-4.

However the initial permit application was filed in 2019 and the status is currently On Hold.

Click2GovBP
Good find. Since you can't link directly to the eRecord, the application # for anyone interested in seeing the details is 19-7764. In Structure Details, it's explicitly listed as being for a V3 supercharger station. And there was an earlier, voided application at the same location that listed Tesla as the property tenant (# 19-7267). By the way, the permits were actually issued already in April 2020. So, I imagine the hold is due to scheduling or something not directly required for a building permit (e.g. getting an easement or access to a Right-of-Way).

Address: 4660 FL-46, Sanford, FL 32771

@MarcoRP @Chuq Even though the permit is old, given the site location next to I-4 and the existing relationship with WaWa... I think it's more likely than not that this will be the Sanford location. I think we should be ok to add a blue pin now...
I used to live basically right down the street, and this is the most logical place for the superchager.
In the unlikely event they go somewhere else, we can always just remove it.

@MarcoRP @Chuq Even though the permit is old, given the site location next to I-4 and the existing relationship with WaWa... I think it's more likely than not that this will be the Sanford location. I think we should be ok to add a blue pin now...
I used to live basically right down the street, and this is the most logical place for the superchager.
In the unlikely event they go somewhere else, we can always just remove it.

BUMP @MarcoRP @Chuq @corywright

Hey look at that, it wasn’t at the Wawa after all!!

BF5EF9B1-9F94-4CCC-92AD-F37A1037BDA9.jpeg
00DBE96B-DBFE-42A4-8956-5096D99C4A74.jpeg

Attachments

• 05242021_Building Plans_1201 WP Ball Blvd.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 155
FSD Beta drove me to Target with one disengament (right turn lane was backed up and it was about to pull a very socially unacceptable move), to take these pictures
View attachment 861798

View attachment 861799

View attachment 861800

View attachment 861801

And here is a bonus picture from the Sanford river/lake front which is still flooded from Hurrican Ian.
View attachment 861803
I went for a walk by the lake the other day, thinking the flooding was cleared, boy was I wrong

Wow you guys are great detectives thanks! We moved to Sanford like 7 months ago and charging has been such a pain, evgo is the worst and our apartment complex charger is always down. Can’t wait for this to be finished :)

Welcome to Sanford! It would be tough not to have at home charging, but yes the Target one should work well for you then. A quick charge up during a shopping trip.

I was reading that the flooding might stick around until Thanksgiving! Crazy stuff.