Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sanford, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla shows a Sanford NC location set for Q1 2023. There are two Sheetz coming to Sanford soon: One on US1 just south of town (Tramway area) and one at the intersection of Business 421 and NC Hwy 42 in downtown Sanford.

Tesla is currently showing the address of the planned Supercharger in Sanford, NC

818 Spring Lane
Sanford, NC 27330

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 11.00.01 AM.png

cc: @corywright @Big Earl @Chuq

Went by and took some photos this afternoon. 12 units in total, 9 on the front side and 3 on the back. Looks like all of the Tesla stuff is in place, but there is still a big concrete pad missing some essential electrical component.

Attachments

• PXL_20221106_192633346.jpg
    PXL_20221106_192633346.jpg
    981.8 KB · Views: 84
  • PXL_20221106_192622226.jpg
    PXL_20221106_192622226.jpg
    977.4 KB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20221106_192604232.jpg
    PXL_20221106_192604232.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20221106_192537143.jpg
    PXL_20221106_192537143.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20221106_192517032.jpg
    PXL_20221106_192517032.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
This is apt to be an under appreciated addition. But it meaningfully alleviates range issues for a number of use cases. Will capture tourist/golfer traffic coming to/from Pinehurst (which is huge and then surges exponentially during pro tournaments); supports Ft Bragg daily commuters from western Sandhills and the Piedmont; supports sandhill area (including Fayetteville) commuters and / or ACC sports enthusiasts to the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill…for those not familiar with local nomenclature) or even the rapidly re-industrializing Triad (Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point).

Last edited:
This is apt to be an under appreciated addition. But it meaningfully alleviates range issues for a number of use cases. Will capture tourist/golfer traffic coming to/from Pinehurst (which is huge and then surges exponentially during pro tournaments); supports Ft Bragg daily commuters from western Sandhills and the Piedmont; supports sandhill area (including Fayetteville) commuters and / or ACC sports enthusiasts to the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill…for those not familiar with local nomenclature) or even the rapidly re-industrializing Triad (Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point).
It is just another hole Tesla is filling in, which is certainly appreciated. NC, SC, & GA and further down the southeast have holes everywhere that aren't along an interstate that are still well traveled.

It is just another hole Tesla is filling in, which is certainly appreciated. NC, SC, & GA and further down the southeast have holes everywhere that aren't along an interstate that are still well traveled.
Although, this is special. This is on 4 (four) US Numbered Highways (3 concurrent and 1 other), including being a Splitter on US-1.

Amongst the holes you mention there is still a sizable gap on US-1 from Florida through to South Carolina. Waycross, GA would be an obvious help.

Reactions: J569 and Jeremy3292
Although, this is special. This is on 4 (four) US Numbered Highways (3 concurrent and 1 other), including being a Splitter on US-1.

Amongst the holes you mention there is still a sizable gap on US-1 from Florida through to South Carolina. Waycross, GA would be an obvious help.
Yes, it is more of major thoroughfare than some which is why it is a hole that is being filled before others.

Sanford, NC

Host Type: Mall
Host: Spring Lane Galleria
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1, US-15, US-421, US-501
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-1

To: Raleigh, NC - 43.4 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: South Hill, VA (v2) - 123.9 miles

US-15

To: Durham, NC - 39.3 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Oxford, NC - 74.7 miles

US-421

To: Siler City, NC - 25.1 miles
Diversion: 4.7 miles
To: Greensboro, NC (v2) - 63.3 miles

US-501

To: Durham, NC - 39.3 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: South Boston - Philpott Rd, VA - 98.4 miles

A hole-filler on 4 US Numbered Highway. Notably, it splits a 100+ mile gap on US-1.

Indeed. As referenced over in the Wade NC supercharger discussion, this is also a special spot as the traffic going to Ft Bragg may not be appreciated by those unfamiliar with the scale and scope of that installation. It is my understanding that it is currently the largest military base in the world. Not just USA. There is a large workforce that commutes there daily in support.

This one is up and running!! Shows in the app as well. I just rode by and saw a single Model Y charging there.
I knew it wouldn't be too long, everything looks all setup and ready for final inspection this past weekend. It's nice to see another gap filled in the charging network ⚡

@Big Earl @corywright

Edit: @nccars Do you have a screenshot of it in your app for evidence that it is online? I live too far away for it to show up in my app and it isnt in the in-car navigation yet.

Edit: @nccars Do you have a screenshot of it in your app for evidence that it is online? I live too far away for it to show up in my app and it isnt in the in-car navigation yet.

It still isn't in my in-car nav, either.

Can anyone confirm that they have actually charged here yet?

I plan to swing by this Saturday before lunch, on the way to Chapel Hill. If Sanford isn't really online, I'll just charge up in Chapel Hill.