Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ana, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Um, his charge level was set to 100%. The estimate then includes the very slow last 10%.
I see that. And at no point did he complain about the 1 hour estimate. Anyone who has charged more than a couple times knows what those estimates mean. As apache points out, his charge rate was indeed fairly slow for 60% SOC. Not insanely slow, but way slower than average.

Charged today in the morning before rush. Switched from one stall (52kw/h charging) to another (2A) and was charging at 48kw/h. Both started at 90-94kwh and within a few minutes were down to ~50 kwh.

While there are more gripes around EAP/FSD, the supercharger speeds will utlimately be a deal breaker for many people if Chademo speeds are the highest they get.

Charged today in the morning before rush. Switched from one stall (52kw/h charging) to another (2A) and was charging at 48kw/h. Both started at 90-94kwh and within a few minutes were down to ~50 kwh.

While there are more gripes around EAP/FSD, the supercharger speeds will utlimately be a deal breaker for many people if Chademo speeds are the highest they get.
What was your state of charge when starting to charge? Were the SpC handles warm or hot?

Moderator note: the discussion of the Volta chargers that are located at Santa Ana Main Place, and the Volta charging network, has been moved to its own thread here Volta charging network since it is not part of this Tesla Supercharger site.

Of course it’s fine on TMC to discuss EV charging networks that aren’t run by Tesla. But this thread is for issues specific to this Supercharger location so that when people come here looking for the latest information about these Superchargers they won’t have to wade through a bunch of unrelated material.

Thank you.

Yep. I got a loaner from Costa Mesa this morning and had a 90 mile drive. The car had 88 miles of charge. I had to hit Santa Ana going up to work and again coming back. (Had a time constraint in the morning, so charged just enough for a round trip to the Santa Ana SpC.)

I had to wait 15 minutes around 5:50pm, and there was one dude that tried to sneak in, ignoring the two waiting vehicles.

Update 6/18/18:

Stopped by today around 4pm...there are at least three chargers out of service (Stalls #10-12) and taped off.

Additionally, the first charger (Stall #5) I hooked into would go up to 24KWH, then drop to 5KWH....it did this consistently over the course of several minutes, so I unplugged and moved over to Stall #6 on my right.

I was only able to draw an average charge rate of 55KWH while hooked up for 45 minutes today, got constant fluctuation throughout the duration of my charge between 30-80KWH. This SC station seems to be in serious need of improvement....

@ggumz did you call Tesla and report the problems?

I did, was told they were aware.

Only 2A , B taped off I reported last week I see cars charging in 12

Ah ok, I could have swore 12 was taped off too... admittedly I didn't walk down to the end. I'm curious, what charge rates do you average there? I've been 3 times now and have yet to exceed an average rate of 60KWH.

Update 6/18/18:

Stopped by today around 4pm...there are at least three chargers out of service (Stalls #10-12) and taped off.

Additionally, the first charger (Stall #5) I hooked into would go up to 24KWH, then drop to 5KWH....it did this consistently over the course of several minutes, so I unplugged and moved over to Stall #6 on my right.

I was only able to draw an average charge rate of 55KWH while hooked up for 45 minutes today, got constant fluctuation throughout the duration of my charge between 30-80KWH. This SC station seems to be in serious need of improvement....
It appears you are using some type of different numbering convention. If you want people to understand what you are talking about, you should refer to the stalls as 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc.

Reactions: mikeyteh
It appears you are using some type of different numbering convention. If you want people to understand what you are talking about, you should refer to the stalls as 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc.

No doubt, I'm a new owner and was just counting stall numbers going from left to right at Santa Ana.

If ya don't mind elaborating further, since Santa Ana has 12 stalls, the correct way to list them then would be 1A, 1B, through 6A, 6B? I presume that's what you meant but just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

No doubt, I'm a new owner and was just counting stall numbers going from left to right at Santa Ana.

If ya don't mind elaborating further, since Santa Ana has 12 stalls, the correct way to list them then would be 1A, 1B, through 6A, 6B? I presume that's what you meant but just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance!
Each stall is numbered on the bottom of the pedestal.

• Helpful
Reactions: ggumz
Seems I had the numbers mixed up and was probably seeing 2A and 2B down as well.

I think I got a better idea now of how to report correct stall numbers going forward.

As a new owner, I think it's also worth asking if you are aware that when entering a paired stall already occupied (say 1A is occupied and you pull into 1B), you are going to have a lower charge rate until their car reaches a certain capacity. Also, if your car is dramatically low on charge, the charge rate you draw under, say, 20%, would be much lower than if you pulled in and charged when you were at 60%.

• Helpful
Reactions: ggumz