Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ana, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know you are teasing, but leaving trash behind is less likely a local issue, as locals have a place to go where they could toss things. To be fair, it is also possible that the person intended to toss this, put it down, then forgot. Could have been on honest mistake, or a complete jerk. I should try not to assume.

I went by the site this morning about 10:30 after going to the gym. All stations were shut down and taped off and there were perhaps a half-dozen electrical/service trucks around. I had noticed some work going on at the large signs earlier. Perhaps it's all connected. Regardless, the site was inoperative for the time. I'll try to check back later on today.

I was driving from SF to SD last night. We stopped off at this location so could get home.

About 5:30 PM we had to take one of the last two units closest to the mall. We got about 30 miles of charge in 15 minutes. But when I checked the app, it was charging at a slow rate. It was reading about 2 KW. So I went back to my car and noticed that someone else had parked next to my car.

He asked me my charging rate was. He said he was getting 1-2 KW.
We then unplugged, then replugged in. No impact. Same rate at 1-2 KW. So we decided to try the other bank of chargers. (they were full when we arrived). We got 50-70 KW. I got enough to get home so I left after about 20 minutes.

I wonder if this had anything to do with the site being shut down. It was weird.

I went by the site this morning about 10:30 after going to the gym. All stations were shut down and taped off and there were perhaps a half-dozen electrical/service trucks around. I had noticed some work going on at the large signs earlier. Perhaps it's all connected. Regardless, the site was inoperative for the time. I'll try to check back later on today.

Saw the "Reduced Service" message on the display so I drove by to check it out. My goodness, 8 of the 12 stalls seem to be out of order and are coned off. Swung by around 2:30 pm and I didn't see any maintenance crews working the the site. Took a few pictures too.

I wonder why this site is having so many issues, hopefully Tesla gets it sorted out quickly.

38yb6Kl.jpg

85MX51o.jpg
85MX51o.jpg

I was unaware about the issues with this SC until today. The navy said this SC was temporarily closed so we didn't stop here and instead went to SJC where we had to wait about 20 minutes (first time I've had to wait at a SC to charge in maybe 3 years). The attendant at the SJCwas unaware of the issues at the Main Place chargers. We need to stop at the Main Place Mall late tomorrow on the way back and will check it out to see if any stalls are working. If not, I will definitely contact Tesla.

Reactions: kgroschi