Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ana, CA - 5th St. garage (LIVE 20 Nov 2020, 20 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20201120_103801.jpg
Is this garage open 24 hours? Paid parking?
See attached. 20201120_103801.jpg

I dropped in by complete happenstance the other night. On a strange 92F day in the middle of January, I went to use my friend's pool near Main Place Mall in Santa Ana. I decided to order dinner on the way home at Faka Island Grill at the 4th St food market. All of the street parking was occupied so I randomly went into the parking structure and realized there was a Supercharger on the 3rd floor. I walked down to get my food and had half of it in the car. Added 50 miles of range in 20 minutes.

Whenever I see this location either in my car on on the app, it NEVER has anyone in it. I don't think I have ever seen any less than 18 open spaces.

Similar situation with the new one on Main in Irvine.

Just remember we're still in the middle of a global pandemic and people's travel patterns are different than they were back in "normal" times.

Bruce.

Reactions: maximizese
Just remember we're still in the middle of a global pandemic and people's travel patterns are different than they were back in "normal" times.

Bruce.
I’m not sure that’s it entirely. My comments above were a follow-up to the discussion in the Irvine Main thread where that location is seeing virtually zero use as well when there is another location (Irvine Michelson) about a mile away that is always packed.

BDDCCF98-2D18-42E2-9E02-BE256B404D30.jpeg

I’m not sure that’s it entirely. My comments above were a follow-up to the discussion in the Irvine Main thread where that location is seeing virtually zero use as well when there is another location (Irvine Michelson) about a mile away that is always packed.

View attachment 631351
Isn’t this an extremely expensive parking structure? It’s also not in the most desirable location...

Reactions: wildguess
Unlike the Irvine Main Street supercharger which is very expensive, this one has two hours free, so cost is likely not the issue. Being in basically downtown Santa Ana, it is not on the way to anything except public services in the area. I suspect that Bruce is right, that there will be more traffic eventually, but I would expect it will never be busy like the Irvine MIchelson charger, because it is too much out of the way for most people.

Reactions: wildguess