Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ana, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a pic from a couple nights ago at this SC.
IMG_4196.JPG

Happy New Year to whatever readership we have left!

Today, two observations of charging: one at 8:20 and five at 10:10. Stalls 6A & 6B that were coned off and not in operation are going now. One of the five vehicles charging was in 6B. I've not seen it at capacity yet, one month or so in.

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
No, not sure they were inoperative as I was in my ICE car. But, I'd have to bet they were not operational. 6A&B were out of commission for at least a week and then lit up again. I note that the only one with tape across the bay is the one without a cone. Perhaps they only had three cones. I'll keep my eye on it.

Well, I would start with the larger chains to the south end -- Lucille's BBQ and CPK, with smaller and newer more local chains Panini Cafe and Wokcano (a pan-Asian restaurant). At the other end, there is Boudin, Saigon de Pho, and Genki Sushi. None will win the James Beard Award but the selection is the best of any of the 25 or so Super Chargers I've used so far. And, overall, there must be 50 places (including the food court) within a couple or three hundred yards if you go across Main where you can find Doner G (Turkish), Habit Hamburgers, Mother's Market's prepared food selections, Muscle Grill (I think it's called). And, believe it or not, there is a great Indian place in the food court-- Masala Craft Indian Cuisine. And, then there's Dog Haus, Blaze Pizza, and several others as you go in the main door nearest the charging stations. You shan't go hungry. If you want to sample some of Santa Ana's more exotic locales, let me know.

It's not a trash can that is needed, it's common courtesy: don't litter public spaces. Keep your trash in your car until you can find the proper place to dispose of it.
Agreed (obviously). It is one thing (and a big one) to allow Tesla use of the space. It is another to ask for sanitation and the maintenance that goes along with it. I am confident the mall would not be interested, nor is Tesla able to manage this at each location. The driver who did this is the same type of person who leaves their car for several hours after done charging, drives in the left hand lane at all times even when traffic is flowing faster, and leaves the toilet seat up for his wife to deal with.

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq