Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ana, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Each stall is numbered on the bottom of the pedestal.

I'll definitely pay more attention next time, didn't even notice that.

As a new owner, I think it's also worth asking if you are aware that when entering a paired stall already occupied (say 1A is occupied and you pull into 1B), you are going to have a lower charge rate until their car reaches a certain capacity. Also, if your car is dramatically low on charge, the charge rate you draw under, say, 20%, would be much lower than if you pulled in and charged when you were at 60%.

Admittedly I was not aware of that, but it totally makes sense, thanks!

Is such severe fluctuation normal? Throughout the duration of my charge, it kept rising and falling between 30-80kwh. For reference, I started charging with 39% battery and disconnected at 81%.

Looks like the Supercharger is getting some TLC tonight to address some of the issues you folks were having. I was driving home around 12 am (Tuesday) and the location was listed as temporarily closed on the nav display. Hopefully it's maintenance on this location.

O6hEck8.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ggumz and P85_DA
I believe the 70 was a 400V battery whereas the 75 is a 350V battery, hence the difference in max supercharging speeds (about 120 kW versus 100 kW)..

No, the same voltage at 350. But the 70 kWh battery is made with the cells from the 85s, while the 75 is made with cells from the 90. The new formulation in the 75s/90s can't take a charge as fast as the formulation in the 60/70/85 packs.

I’m sure you do, I wasn’t trying to say that you don’t
What I was trying to say is 95kw is not throttling, considetinb a while back actual throttling was happening where cars wouldn’t charge faster than 60kw
Well I was consistently topping out in the 85-95kW range with my S90D and with the S100D, I'm consistently topping out at 110+kW. That is a big difference. Also there are threads about the topic and it seems to be a phenomenon that was fairly unique the 90 battery packs.

’m sure you do, I wasn’t trying to say that you don’t
What I was trying to say is 95kw is not throttling, considetinb a while back actual throttling was happening where cars wouldn’t charge faster than 60kw

95kW is where the 90 packs get throttled to after a "large" number of DC fast charge sessions. (It has nothing to do with the Supercharger site.)

Reactions: PLUS EV