Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ana, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
San Diego/QCOM has one. They recently changed the vendor/company who's providing the service. Its a contractor, not a Tesla employee.

There's now an attendant posted at this location, but i'm assuming they are only there during the day/peak hours. I saw the attendant station while driving by.

Anyone know the logistics of supercharger attendants? Tesla employee? Mall employee? Contractor?

Just was driving by this morning when I noticed the Tesla in-car map showed 3 of 15 (not 12) available. I drove over to investigate and found that there is a valet there, something new. I asked about the 15 and he pointed out three urban chargers that had been installed yesterday about 5 p.m. See attached. j 20181121_091607.jpg

Attachments

• 20181121_091536.jpg
    20181121_091536.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 202
Just was driving by this morning when I noticed the Tesla in-car map showed 3 of 15 (not 12) available. I drove over to investigate and found that there is a valet there, something new. I asked about the 15 and he pointed out three urban chargers that had been installed yesterday about 5 p.m. See attached. j View attachment 354646
Interesting - so now the temporary chargers include 3 urban plugs per pallet - but how do you use the two on the same side at the same time when it's dropped in a parking spot like that?

That also explains the 3 new temporary stalls that have been reported, but not pictured, at Lone Pine.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Interesting - so now the temporary chargers include 3 urban plugs per pallet - but how do you use the two on the same side at the same time when it's dropped in a parking spot like that?

That also explains the 3 new temporary stalls that have been reported, but not pictured, at Lone Pine.

My guess is that only two would ever be usable at once, but it is made to be installed two different ways. Either in the traditional way, occupying a parking spot with cars parked on either side, or placed atop a curb with two cars backing in from the same side. There are even some places on a corner that it might physically support three cars plugged in at once, but it wouldn't have the capacity to give all three 72 kW, so such an arrangement might not be supported. It seems to be treated as three spaces for the in-car space availability numbers regardless of physical arrangement, though, so who knows?

My guess is that only two would ever be usable at once, but it is made to be installed two different ways. Either in the traditional way, occupying a parking spot with cars parked on either side, or placed atop a curb with two cars backing in from the same side. There are even some places on a corner that it might physically support three cars plugged in at once, but it wouldn't have the capacity to give all three 72 kW, so such an arrangement might not be supported. It seems to be treated as three spaces for the in-car space availability numbers regardless of physical arrangement, though, so who knows?

Maybe it is a preview of Supercharge V3? Where three stalls share one charger stack? I would love to see more pictures of the installation.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Sorry about that screwy posting with redundant pictures. I sent it off my cell phone and I’m having eye problems so what I thought I was posting was the same photo. Regardless, I think this is the essence of what I saw. I didn’t charge as I live about a mile away, so I don’t have further experience to report, aziwoqpd. I understand new chargers don’t come right out of the gate at peak performance, somewhat like yours truly!