Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Barbara, CA (LIVE 4 Oct 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bristol Farms is supposed go in the old Vons at La Cumbre. But I think it’s still stalled because they need better storm water management. Whenever it opens it’ll help make up for the loss of Sears and the withering Macy’s.

La Cumbre plaza is going to need more than that to survive. Superchargers is one way to bring in some needed business but according to the permit issued they are not going there.

Reactions: erthquake
Yeah I don't think La Cumbre will be a good idea right now. Sears property owners want to redevelop with mainly housing there. The City wants a Specific Plan with at least one more east to west connection - La Cumbre Rd to Hope Ave.

The renderings I saw was at the Hope Avenue side of La Cumbre Plaza.

I just re-read this. Would the road go through what is now La Cumbre Plaza?

I saw that too and asked who the contractor was. In Goleta it is Ambient Electric, and they were there this afternoon, finishing the enclosure.

A lot of people call Goleta Santa Barbara, the Goleta charger actually says Santa barbara on it. Interesting though if their contractor was not Ambient.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
From searching the Santa Barbara website, it looks like they went to a lot of trouble including getting the visual screening for the Supercharger approved, and now the permit is expired?

Record BLD2019-06787:
Electrical
Record Status: Ready to Issue
Expiration Date: 08/15/2020

From searching the Santa Barbara website, it looks like they went to a lot of trouble including getting the visual screening for the Supercharger approved, and now the permit is expired?
Don't stress over that too much. They can almost always revive an expired permit at any time. They'll just have to pay a fee to do so. Of course, it's annoying for us outside watchers because it means there's no way to tell the difference between truly dropped locations and ones that are just in hibernation for a while.

With the fence up you can't really see it, but there is a trench along the back, right alongside the freeway offramp, likely where at least most of the stations will go.

IMG_8467.jpg
IMG_8464.jpg
IMG_8466.jpg