Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Barbara, CA (LIVE 4 Oct 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gene

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2013
Santa Barbara, CA
Moderator note: The first 60-ish posts in this thread were moved from another thread that started as discussion of a Santa Barbara Supercharger, but then as a result of events turned into a thread on the Goleta Supercharger.

I don't see a thread yet listed. So, let's make this the Santa Barbara Supercharger Thread. I understand that there will be a Supercharger up and working in about 6 months or less at the Santa Barbara Tesla Store and Service address. 400 Hitchcock Way.

Directly across the street from BMW dealer, hmm....those shiny Model S's are going to be tempting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see a thread yet listed. So, let's make this the Santa Barbara Supercharger Thread. I understand that there will be a Supercharger up and working in about 6 months or less at the Santa Barbara Tesla Store and Service address. 400 Hitchcock Way.

Directly across the street from BMW dealer, hmm....those shiny Model S's are going to be tempting!

Anyone have pictures of progress ?!?!

Anyone have pictures of progress ?!?!

I don't think construction is to start for some months. You have a Supercharger already 35 miles to the north and one 35 miles to the south of Santa Barbara. Plus Plugshare will show you many destination chargers including at the San Ysidro Ranch which is an amazing place to visit and have a meal.

Anybody have a update on the status in Santa Barbara. Will be coming up there for work probably for a week and looking at my charging options. Will check around on Plugshare as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody have a update on the status in Santa Barbara. Will be coming up there for work probably for a week and looking at my charging options. Will check around on Plugshare as well.

I work across the street, there is nothing going on as far as a supercharger right now that I can see. The do have some chargers in the back,208v so with a single charger you get about 8kwh. I would Charge in Oxnard, and I think you can make it back even with some driving around. Or if you coming from the north Buelton is not too far away also.

I work across the street, there is nothing going on as far as a supercharger right now that I can see. The do have some chargers in the back,208v so with a single charger you get about 8kwh. I would Charge in Oxnard, and I think you can make it back even with some driving around. Or if you coming from the north Buelton is not too far away also.

I passed through the Oxnard SuperChargers. Its in a large mall so there are things to do. I highly recommend the Fish Taco place!

The only problem is, I charged and shopped! While charging for free, I wound up buying a new sleep number bed! I havn't calculated the KW/Per shopping hour yet lol.

Reactions: callmesam
864 Wh/Mi! That is right up there with black hole physics!
My car only has Ludicrous mode :D... My "high score" so far is 884Wh/mi with distance showing about 94 miles LOL, I'm convinced with the right conditions I could get it over 1000Wh/mi :rolleyes:

I was at the SB Service Center a few weeks ago no Super Charger yet luckily there is one about 30 min North in Buellton or South in Oxnard to top up on your Journey.