Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Barbara, CA (LIVE 4 Oct 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla site says the downtown Santa Barbara Supercharger will be located at 34.440227, -119.753359. This is exactly where I suggested it should be in my post #119. Am I good, or what? :)
By “the Tesla Site” do you mean the Find Us page map? If so, the gray pins on that map are not where the future Supercharger will be located, they are simply the geographic center of the city or town that Tesla plans to build in. Tesla does not reveal the exact location of future Superchargers until they are operational.

Note that the confirmed location in Goleta, which is being discussed in this thread, is not even shown on the Find Us map.

766A3DF5-8213-4B21-81B9-4073D3F76A0C.png

By "Tesla Site" I refer to >supercharge.info<

That's a crowd-sourced Web site that's independent from Tesla, Inc. It's is not a "Tesla Site". In fact, TMC forum postings are one of the sources of information for supercharge.info, so you shouldn't be surprised to see a strong correlation between information in the forums here, and what's on that Web site. Also, while it's not an authoritative source, it usually has more complete and/or reliable information than the tesla.com/findus Web page.

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: ecarfan and GSP
@ supercharge.info guys, where are you getting eight stalls for the State Street permit? Miramar Montecito states eight stalls, I don't see a number attached to the State Street permit.

I tend to put the *minimum* expected number of stalls, if we don't have a confirmed stall count. In most of North America this would be 8. In Australia this would be 4. Arguably in California its unusual to see fewer than 12 stalls at a new site but it does happen, occasionally :)

Reactions: goletaspring
You're on the wrong thread, the thread is Goleta. I posted pictures of what very clearly are components of a SC station at Camino Real, they are behind Home Depot. On the Goleta thread. Camino Real is most definitely going to be a SC location, where the parking will be who knows.

I think the area where the hole is is too small and would get really traffic jammed, but I'd take it. I would guess the hole has something to do with it, but can't guess what. Lot of asphalt to take out looking for power or water or sewer, but again, small and kind of confined spot.

Reactions: goletaspring
You're on the wrong thread, the thread is Goleta. I posted pictures of what very clearly are components of a SC station at Camino Real, they are behind Home Depot. On the Goleta thread. Camino Real is most definitely going to be a SC location, where the parking will be who knows.

I think the area where the hole is is too small and would get really traffic jammed, but I'd take it. I would guess the hole has something to do with it, but can't guess what. Lot of asphalt to take out looking for power or water or sewer, but again, small and kind of confined spot.

oops. I thought I read the threads were combined. My mistake.

I’ll have to see what’s going on behind HD next time I go there.

The threads were recently separated. We, Santa Barbara area, kind of went to the penthouse from the outhouse, we have as many Teslas as Prius', but no SC, not even one very close. Now we have three permitted/in progress, thus the separation of the threads.

If you look behind Home Depot you'll see a trailer with the contractor's name on it, they build SC stations. We are good to go.............somewhere in the Marketplace.

If i really wanted to I have someone I could ask, but where is the fun in that? Kind of like not knowing the setlist before a concert. My last concert, had I known, i would not have been surprised to hear Eric Clapton do "Purple Rain", or he and 30 of his best guitar playing friends do High Time. (Crossroads Guitar Festival). Small thrills in life. Like seeing where those pedestals go:)

Reactions: gene
What is the difference between pulled and approved?

Thanks for the information:)
Approved means the application is approved for the location and ready for a building permit application.

There is an associated Building Permit that has gone through the plan check process and is "Ready to Issue". Now its up to applicant(Tesla) to pay the building permit fees and pull the permit.

Oh yeah.. It's been approved and ready to issue since mid-November.

• Informative
Reactions: 88911cs