Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goleta, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-101
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-101

From: Santa Barbara - State Street, CA (Permit) - 7.9 miles
To: Buellton, CA - 33.9 miles
Diversion: 1.7 miles
To: San Luis Obispo, CA - 94.9 miles

Tesla is working on density along US-101.

So, would someone please confirm the following for me? It sounds like the location identified in post #6 (kind of in front of Costco and Ross) was wrong, and it is in fact behind Home Depot (post #11). Did I get that right?

My son and fellow Model 3 owner lives right across Hollister Ave from that shopping center. I can assign him to keep an eye on this one! But I want to tell him where to look. :D

Reactions: goletaspring
So, would someone please confirm the following for me? It sounds like the location identified in post #6 (kind of in front of Costco and Ross) was wrong, and it is in fact behind Home Depot (post #11). Did I get that right?

My son and fellow Model 3 owner lives right across Hollister Ave from that shopping center. I can assign him to keep an eye on this one! But I want to tell him where to look. :D

From what @88911cs was saying, and from what I saw, the Supercharger is going in the parking area between Ross and the food court, with the materials being kept behind Home Depot for now.

I accidentally posted this in the SB thread. But here’s a photo of the smaller fenced off area in the main parking lot area.

EA69979E-5B35-4DEA-8756-391466A3D571.jpeg

I accidentally posted this in the SB thread. But here’s a photo of the smaller fenced off area in the main parking lot area.

View attachment 494832
Well, at the moment, it looks like they're installing a mud factory. But if your picture is where I think it is, that's a row of 16 parking spaces, plus a pair of handicap spaces. That seems like sufficient room to leave the handicap spots untouched, and install 12 stalls with room for the transformer and cabinets.

Could be, it's kind of strange. They dig dig up the asphalt, if they are doing something with power/water/sewer that's a lot of digging.

It just doesn't feel right, it's a fairly heavily used part of the parking lot. it's small, and it would be really easy to jam the entrance to the shopping center. Pretend you had a line like some of those shown at SLO, it would shut a lot of the center down,

If it was going to be in that parking lot, it would make a lot more sense, unless it's not possible, to put it south of the road going though the center, on the bottom of the image. Those epaces are far less used.

No trouble. This is fun. I read my posts twice before I post them, and I still find all kinds of spelling/grammar errors later, I hate that.

I think even if it were there (90 degrees from the hole) it would still be more of a problem to the shopping center than a benefit. Where the parts are is probably great as far as not being in the way, but not so good if you are trying to draw business into the center.

It would be great for the place across the street, Ice in Paradise, they serve drinks, I think food, and have an area where you can watch the skaters. Most nights there is some level of hockey being played, I hate professional hockey but like watching the hockey there. Whatever level it is it's easy to follow the puck. Free entry/free bathrooms.

Where the equipment is, if you walked left you'd go around the side of Ross to get into the center. You can't actually do that at present moment, there is ANOTHER green fence area, this one has various utility trucks in it. You can't park anything larger than a pickup on the street overnight in Goleta, unless you get a permit, even then it's just for a few days. I think the idea was to get rid of people living in motor homes on the street. It created a market for truck parking, I pay $190/mo to park a box truck in a parking lot. 20' space, cheapest rent I know of. I suspect the shopping center is renting space to the utility companies, could be temporary. At any rate, the way to get into the center is fenced off, though it's temporary fencing, and it's still a hike.

If I ran the center I would want it about a block to the left, behind Costco. Big mostly not used lot, and you can see the majority of the shopping center from where you park, walk right in. I would imagine each business has an allowed number of spaces, maybe that's not possible, even if it were technically possible.

Thirty years ago, who would have thought that we'd be posting satellite imagery that you can see rocks on the ground in to a website talking about electric cars that can go up to nearly 400 miles, and look good doing it, with a few mouse clicks?

• Love
Reactions: CharleyBC
I know it's crazy to be this excited about something but my heart is seriously racing. I have a Model 3 and live 3 blocks away from this location. I don't have any home charging because I rent an apartment. I luckily can charge at work but I really don't like relying on that because we have limited spots. I am constantly worried about range and while there are other solutions (Chargepoint at UCSB or free chargers at Hollister Village), they aren't exactly convenient. I'd have to either walk home then back to get my car, or get a ride. A Supercharger, while I won't be using it all the time, is a HUGE relief to have. I cannot stress how excited this makes me.

I am confused... the Goleta pin on the map points to this thread as does the Santa Barbara State Street pin.... Is there a separate thread for Santa Barbara State Street?

There is no such thing as Santa Barbara supercharger. The State Street pin you refer to is probably the one that is at the "center" of the city which is a default location when a map isn't sure where to place something. I know the person that owns a company where the pin falls and he assures me there is no charger.

The other thing was that the guys there started talking about the chargers, and one asked the other if the Miramar was a low power charger. Guy said yes, 75 something, I didn't catch it. I know very little about superchargers, I don't know what that meant. Probably should have asked. Though I'll never use it:)

He meant that the Miramar chargers are likely Urban chargers or limited to 75kw. This is pretty slow for a SC since most are 120 or 150 kw or in the case of V3, 250 kw. Also Miramar is on their property and behind the valet line sdo it's not really noteworthy or practical for the majority of drivers. Rooms start at $487 there.