Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Clarita, CA (LIVE 6 Apr 2018, 24 V2 + 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The charger cabinets and pedestal footings are in place!

Attachments

• IMG_20180303_113901.jpg
    IMG_20180303_113901.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 175
  • MVIMG_20180303_113916.jpg
    MVIMG_20180303_113916.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 160
Rumored Lounge also going in at the Valencia/Santa Clarita location. #Next100Records #CarbonRevolution #GuinnessWorldRecord #ModelSP85D #ModelX90D #AutopilotBuddy

It is a really big construction site. Granted I haven’t been close to any prior SC construction zones before, but it sure looks like it will either be a really big SC with lots of stalls, or possibly the lounge like you say.

24 charging spaces will take up a lot of room. And with many food options available at the Bridgeport Marketplace where it is located (almost in the middle in fact), I would doubt the need to add a lounge. Permit doesn't show additional structures, and the site doesn't seem to have any secondary construction for a pad, electrical, or plumbing that a lounge would probably need...I just wish it would get done quickly, since it would give me a local SC option...

Reactions: gaswalla
Anyone know how long it usually takes to complete a 24 stall supercharger station? Excited for this one to open as it is definitely needed. Not really a fan of the location but I understand why they put it there (right between the 5 and 14).

I doubt there will be a lounge put in as there is plenty to do there.

On a side note: I believe that coffee underground place is closed.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to complete a 24 stall supercharger station?
There are too many variables outside of Tesla’s control to predict how long it will take before this new Supercharger location is operational. It could be a month from now, it could be 6 months from now. In Southern California, SCE can take months to install their transformers after the Tesla crew has finished their work. Don’t assume this Supercharger will be open this summer if you are planning a trip through Santa Clarita.

someone posted on facebook that they just charged up there. They must be live. The tesla.com/findus page shows it as gray (future site) but when you click on it it shows actual data, not "by the end of 2018". Now I have to go check my car to see if it shows up on the navigation map.

someone posted on facebook that they just charged up there. They must be live. The tesla.com/findus page shows it as gray (future site) but when you click on it it shows actual data, not "by the end of 2018". Now I have to go check my car to see if it shows up on the navigation map.

Can't be true I stopped there today everything is still closed

Attachments

• 20180405_120920.jpg
    20180405_120920.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 85