Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Cruz, CA - Soquel Avenue (LIVE 16 Jul 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
18 stalls at soquel ave , Santa Cruz Whole foods and it seems fully built now .
All the stations fully up with cabling.
I go by the Watsonville one and never see more than 3 or 4 cars there with
about the same number of stalls.

Last edited:

I'm going to express a bit of skepticism on "open today". Google isn't an authoritative source, and there's nothing in the pictures linked above to suggest an operational Supercharger. I just looked in the nav display in my car, and the Santa Cruz (Soquel Ave.) Supercharger still marked as "Temporary Closure", which admittedly isn't definitive either, but if it reported "X of Y stalls available" that'd be a pretty good indicator.

Really the best way to know if it's really up is to go try it, and the best way to show that to other people is to post pictures of your car charging. :)

Bruce.

Reactions: ecarfan
Google shows it as open today
Google is generally fine at pinpointing the exact location of a supercharger station but their record for correctly identifying the initial opening of one is not good. So, I'd recommend not relying on it until someone individually confirms it's operational and posts picture evidence.

edit: haha, ninja'd by Bmah.

• Funny
Reactions: bmah
Google is generally fine at pinpointing the exact location of a supercharger station but their record for correctly identifying the initial opening of one is not good. So, I'd recommend not relying on it until someone individually confirms it's operational and posts picture evidence.

edit: haha, ninja'd by Bmah.

Great minds think alike! :D

Bruce.

Great minds think alike! :D

Bruce.

In particular, data on Google Maps about businesses is largely crowdsourced (similar to PlugShare, but with a broader, less specialized audience), and there isn't really a good way to add something to Google Maps but mark it as "not open yet". So it's common for overly-eager folks to add superchargers before they are open, with no indication of such.

Reactions: mociaf9
A1BC68D6-77B3-439A-8D8C-3C16C6D72701.jpeg
Santa Cruz Supercharger is up and running! Stopped by today and plugged in.