TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Santa Cruz

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by nnick01, Oct 10, 2017.

1. nnick01

nnick01 Member

Looks like we will be seeing a Supercharger in downtown Santa Cruz by years end. It looks like it will be near Chestnut and Church street. I have not seen any construction. Placeholder thread for future updates.

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Is there a permit?

3. McManX

McManX Member

Interesting! That would be a good location. City parking lot with a solar canopy. Quick walk downtown.

Do you have a source/ permit or is this speculation? (Note that the pins on tesla map just show the city not the actual location)

4. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Chestnut and Church Street is where the pin points to, but the pins just point to the label of the city on the map and the supercharger could be anywhere in the city or even a neighboring city. You can search for permits in the city of Santa Cruz here. You can search by permit number - they are up to electrical permits beginning with E17-030. I haven't found anything yet.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Agreed. And that has been proven to be the case over and over again.

6. McManX

McManX Member

Ahh so just an excitement thread. Looking forward to this one though!

7. rkmvca

rkmvca New Member

Does anyone know anything more about this? I'm interested in it because my daughter lives in SC and it'd be good to go visit her when less than fully charged, and recharge there. If it's supposed to be done by the end of the year I would expect that the site would have been picked and construction would start Real Soon Now. I couldn't find anything (literally, anything) even using wildcards, on the permit site which looks like it's designed to look up the status of permits that you know the number of. I also searched the Santa Cruz Sentinel for mentions of Tesla in all of 2017 and found nothing -- except a generic AP article talking about how Tesla is building more superchargers.

• Like x 1
  8. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Don't count on it for 2017. Tesla promised about 15 new bay area superchargers for 2017 and so far has started building 1.

• Like x 1
  9. Robert831

Robert831 Member

If I had to speculate, which is kind of pointless but a fun exercise, here are a couple of possibilities for Santa Cruz:
    1. The Costco parking lot.
    2. The parking area by Wheel Works (Laurel and Front).
    3. The Whole Foods parking lot (Soquel Ave. and Doyle).

I think they look for parking areas that are not in high demand and have good power lines nearby.

• Informative x 1
  10. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

A relatively painless way to search for permits is to search by Permit Number which Contains E17-031. That brings up 2017 electrical permits. When they finish the 031s you can go on to the 032s etc. Most of the permits are residential, so you don't need to look at them in detail.

• Informative x 1
  11. rkmvca

rkmvca New Member

Thanks all. I guess I'm not gonna hold my breath.

12. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

Nothing yet. But lots of commercial solar systems that make me jealous!