Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Fe, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4321.jpg
Stopped by today. No workers on site, but clear progress!

Reactions: Troy916
Well we went from mid-60s weather last week to mid-20s and snow this morning.

Meanwhile, the Santa Fe site is looking better today (Monday Feb 13). They still need to put the wooden fence wall around the supercharger main hardware, but things are looking pretty near done.

I'll check back later this week to see, but I'd be surprised if they're not done by end of Feb or sooner.

0sc1.jpg

0sc2.jpg

0sc3.jpg

0sc5.jpg

tinm.. Thanks for the photos! The photos come in handy when looking over the site. Keep an eye out for the Utility transformer which is not on site yet. ...looks like it will go to the right of the distribution cabinets in your last photo (conduit plumbing protruding from the ground) Usually a pre cast concrete square is placed down over the conduits and the utility transformer placed on it. After that the local utility will need to do the wiring to/from the transformer to the distribution cabinets on to the superchargers themselves and then out to the individual pedestals. Stall striping needs to happen and site clean up.Then Tesla will need to come out and test the pedestals and number them etc. All of this takes more time than we wish it would. Permits will need to be signed off etc. My guess is this site won't be ready until April-May timeframe.

Unfortunately, Feb. 28 seems extremely optimistic, given what's left to do. At this stage, the wiring from the distribution centers on out to the pedestals/bollards may already be done, since that is done by Tesla's electrical contractor, but the local electrical utility still has to install and connect the transformer that supplies the distribution center. That is often a significant rate-limiting step. The equipment enclosure is not complete yet, anf it looks like there will need to be some curb and pavement work before striping.

I have seen some of these installations sit for days or weeks even after the transformer is in place and everything else appears complete. But I've also seen a few reach activation with surprisinging speed. I'd guess sometime in March at the earliest, though. Of course, I'll be happy if that proves too pessimistic!

A drive by tonight showed the wooden fence wall is about half done. Eight stanchions/bollards are uncovered. There is large wiring protruding from the large grey pipe that sticks out of the ground next to the big green main electrical hardware box. The pipe can be seen in the foreground of the last picture above.

Stopped by yesterday and noticed they'd moved the dumpster and other stuff out of the way, then re-paved the parking spaces at the charger stalls. Haven't pained the lines yet. No transformer yet, that's the last item on the list evidently. Getting much closer to being done. I don't see how they'll be done by 2/28 but I'll swing by again next week and take a peek.

• Informative
Reactions: Thinkje