Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Fe, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting for transformer this morning looks like. Pictures below.

20170313_095529-3024x2268.jpg 20170313_095555-3024x2268.jpg 20170313_095620-3024x2268.jpg 20170313_095702-3024x2268.jpg

View attachment 220914 View attachment 220915 Stopped by Friday March 31 for pictures which show the transformer in place but no meter and an electrical cable sticking out of the ground!
Nevertheless, this site has been transformed!;) Waiting for the transformer is a significant hurdle in this process. All the big stuff is finally in place. Weeks now, rather than months.

Reactions: Grendal
Maybe this is just my perception, but Super Charger progress seems to have really slowed nation-wide recently.

Given the current progress in 2017, I don't see them coming even close to their 2017 end-of-year projection map.

It sure seems so. Going by supercharge.info data, only 17 supercharger locations have opened in North America in the first 14 weeks of 2017. Didn't Tesla say they will open at least 100 more locations this year? Hopefully now that spring is here, there will be more progress.

Hey, I am as surprised as anyone. And yes, I immediately questioned "why Santa Fe" and "it's not even on the map, what about the five unbuilt sites in the southern half of state that we've all been waiting for," etc. But hey, what I was told by two sources, one inside the company, and one familiar with the actual site and the plans for the site, is that the next supercharger in NM is in Santa Fe. And today I learned it's where I guessed it would be -- the outlet mall. I'm still awaiting word from a third source -- the City of Santa Fe Building Permits division. They may never reply to my inquiries, I don't know.

Not as nice a site as say Gilroy, CA, which has a big outlet mall across the street, but then in the same parking lot, an IN-N-OUT Burger. (Oh, if only New Mexico had 'em. Heck, I'd settle for a Chipotle in Santa Fe...)

There is one restaurant in the Santa Fe outlet mall, an authentic New Mexican cuisine place (I've never been). Plenty of other food nearby for long-distance travelers to pick up then charge, or stay in a nearby hotel and charge. Face it this Santa Fe site is, as someone else mentioned, a waypoint, not a destination.

The food at the restaurant isn't gourmet but it's not bad.