Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Maria, CA (LIVE 18 May 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The long wait appears to be over! Showing up on the map in the app.

View attachment 805805
Not for me! Need an update? :(
IMG_2810.jpg

Charging now! View attachment 805899
One odd thing is that all the signs say “Tesla Vehicle Charging Only” except for two, which don’t have the “Only”.
On first look at your photo, I thought that you had the world's largest panel gap, then I realized your door was just slightly open.😅

Thanks for confirming that charging is working. It's exciting to have this location available. Santa Maria is a great place to stop while traveling up the coast.

• Funny
Reactions: goldengate
Went over and charged for a bit in my 3. Was already over 50% so it wasn't fast! Started off at 100 and dwindled to 70's pretty quickly. Assuming that's mostly a function of my charge state and not anything to do with the chargers.

Also, noticed a few Teslas plugged into the J1772 stations. Guess they are free and you wouldn't get hit with the overstaying-your-welcome fees either. Good place to charge if you're going to watch a movie at the nearby theater, perhaps.

This is great news! Huge GOLD STAR ⭐(highly coveted in some circles) to the first person who posts a YouTube video (or other provider) of entering the garage and navigating to the superchargers. Extra points if the passenger does this so you don't hit something making the video. 🤣

There were some issues this morning. Charging was pitifully slow, so gave up. I also heard the nearby L2s were squirrelly. Can’t blame it on the crowd!
This seems to be a process of starting up new SCs. As if they throttle them down in the first few days, then take them off line for a brief time to "final" service before going full charge full operational throttle. Would surprise me that a city or Tesla has this as a process flow check box. Just my opinion.

My wife and I dropped by this location on our drive home from Carmel and were impressed by the ease of finding an available charger (15 were available at 2pm on Thursday) and the destination chargers were a nice alternative for those spending more than an hour at the mall. We dropped in for a taco and veggie burrito, and go enough range to make it to Sherman Oaks for another charging session. It's not terribly close to the southbound 101fwy exit from Broadway, but it was really easy getting back on the southbound 101fwy from the Main St/Bradley entrance. We've been to some of the same SuC sites and it's nice to check out some new ones.

Last edited: