Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Monica, CA (LIVE 18 Feb 2022, 62 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent find, all credit goes to @WalterB as spotted here: Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

Permit @ 1401 Santa Monica Blvd for "Tesla restaurant and supercharger station"

Further inspection shows there will also be solar PV at this site.

The site current looks like this (from Google Maps).. but if only we could see plans!

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-13_19-29-40.png
    upload_2018-3-13_19-29-40.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 5,118
  • upload_2018-3-13_19-31-57.png
    upload_2018-3-13_19-31-57.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,971
Last edited by a moderator:
This should provide a convenient option for those without access to home charging. Definitely for local use, as very inconvenient for travel. Though, possibly helpful for those traveling up/down PCH. Personally, I live less than 6 miles away, yet it would easily take me 30 minutes to get there. Gotta love LA traffic.

So, what kind of food would a Tesla restaurant serve?

Reactions: LindyLoo and Chuq
That is amazing news! This is literally the location I suggested to Elon way back in August.
Wow. Your tweet made quite an impression. :cool:

Thanks to @WalterB for finding this permit and to @Chuq for starting this thread!

This will be a somewhat unusual location for a Supercharger as it is well off a major freeway/highway route. My guess is that the charging stalls will be the “Urban” type.

Look forward to reading future posts showing the progress of construction!

Reactions: Red Sage
Wow. Your tweet made quite an impression. :cool:

Thanks to @WalterB for finding this permit and to @Chuq for starting this thread!

This will be a somewhat unusual location for a Supercharger as it is well off a major freeway/highway route. My guess is that the charging stalls will be the “Urban” type.

Look forward to reading future posts showing the progress of construction!

Actually, this site is less than 1 mile from the 10 Freeway and less than 3 miles from the 405. This is pretty typical.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and gene
Also could be a way to make the Supercharger a profit center from the food even for MS/MX owners, and of course for the M3 owners who are paying for both (at the .26 per kwh rate for a mix of solar and SCE grid supplied, SCE quoted enterprise rates between .07 and .09 per KWH except for summer 2-8 pm when it's .41 per KWH, but most of that window is when the solar will be at it's best, and assume there will be batteries as well).