Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Monica, CA (LIVE 18 Feb 2022, 62 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may well mean that.

If the permit expires without any signs of construction, that will support your theory. Let’s wait and see...
The demolition permit has since expired...
Untitled.png

Perhaps time for yet another thread title change? “Permit expired”
Sadly, you are correct. Thread title changed. But I’m leaving this thread active in the California Superchargers forum just in case it is revived someday, and as a way to document a bit of Tesla history since this was not planned to be any ordinary Supercharger, but something special.

Sadly, you are correct. Thread title changed. But I’m leaving this thread active in the California Superchargers forum just in case it is revived someday, and as a way to document a bit of Tesla history since this was not planned to be any ordinary Supercharger, but something special.

Ah yes! Twenty years from now we will see "The Life and Times of Tesla Motors, Inc." subtitled "The Complete Unabridged History of the Electrification of Automobiles and Trucks" reaching number 1 on the NY Times nonfiction bestseller list. The bibliography will cite hundreds of threads from this website, including this one! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Twenty years from now we will see "The Life and Times of Tesla Motors, Inc." subtitled "The Complete Unabridged History of the Electrification of Automobiles and Trucks" reaching number 1 on the NY Times nonfiction bestseller list.
Not only the NYT bestseller list, but also the www.MartianTimes.space website, the leading news source for the SpaceX Martian colony. Don’t laugh: that domain is available :D
.Space | .Space Domain Names

Wow, I am way off topic now...

• Funny
Reactions: cpa and Chuq
Joy was kind enough to notify me of a new sign that popped up at the Santa Monica Supercharger. 28 V3 stalls coming soon, maybe here?
If I remember reading about one possible reason for the 1401 Santa Monica Blvd location not to build was because of PG&E.
There was a need of a new power line and high voltage transformer all the car dealers didn't want to get shut down during that time.
I'm sure that there would have been a possibility to install some power generators as I have seen this done at some construction sites.

Installing a new power line and high voltage transformer I believe was one reason the Fremont Supercharger at Kato road
was never completed and all the stalls been moved?

So finally, getting more power seems finally a possibility in Santa Monica, at the current Santa Monica Place or the 1401 Santa Monica Blvd location?
Any news regarding the 1401 Santa Monica Blvd location, is it still only used for selling Pumpkins and Christmas trees?

A 28 V3 stalls will have 7 of those one mega Watt converters to DC, one for 4 stalls. So this gives an idea of the power required.
It would be certainly interesting knowing which location will used for this new Supercharger.

There are also new projects for Pacific Palissade, Venice beach, Marina Del Rey... Any permit discoveries for those locations?

Don't any new location needs to be 'Green' and uses some solar panels and Power walls to help the grid?

Last edited:
I just searched SM's permit site. I cannot find any mention of a new supercharger.
Nor could I. I assume Tesla selected a site but haven’t applied for any permits (if so, they’re being very discreet about it). Good thing about Santa Monica is the permit search is super easy to use