Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Monica, CA - Santa Monica Place (LIVE 19 Feb 2019, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with SM Place officials today...was told the chargers would not be made live till Tesla moved into their new place. With the shortage of chargers and superchargers, I would hope Tesla did not make that decision. To limit service to their GROWING customer base with additional chargers that have been ready for awhile would be baffling.

Spoke with SM Place officials today...was told the chargers would not be made live till Tesla moved into their new place. With the shortage of chargers and superchargers, I would hope Tesla did not make that decision. To limit service to their GROWING customer base with additional chargers that have been ready for awhile would be baffling.
The person you spoke with may not have provided you with accurate information.

Reactions: rrosenbl
The terms of Tesla's lease for the supercharger stalls may be that they only get full use/access once they've moved into their store. If the agreement for the store and supercharger were done together (in time, not necessarily as part of a single lease), this wouldn't be terribly surprising.

Just got back from a visit, Uh, nope,

2019-02-08%2010.18.53.jpg
Dropbox - 2019-02-08 10.18.53.jpg

I imagine that these will disappointingly be reserved for the shop's vehicles like at the Century City mall.

This won't be the case, Century City has HPWC Level 2s for their Test Drive Vehicles.

Century City mall are not superchargers so the ones at SM may be public like Glendale mall.

I'd expect these to be public. Don't know what the hold up is though :/