Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Nella, CA (LIVE, 48 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that Tesla has a 'Q4 2021' Supercharger on their map for Santa Nella, CA. This is across I5 from the existing one they call 'Gustine' at Pea Soup Anderson's. I was able to find permit number BP2021-0354 in Merced County's database, approved 6/24/2021, but with a note "need contractor before issuance".

Address is 13070 S Hwy 33, Santa Nella, CA. Permit is for 24 stalls, but there is a linked zoning permit indicating that 24 stalls is 'phase 1' with a second phase planned for an additional 24 stalls in the future.

Good location, I used to stop at Pea Soup to charge on road trip down south before Firebaugh was operational. The Pea Soup location is okay but this will provide faster charging and a better restaurant, I think. Hopefully it will be done in time for Thanksgiving or Christmas for the holiday traffic.

Reactions: PStewart
This photo was taken on Monday, October 25. It is the dirt lot on the north side of the Hotel De Oro. Now, what do you think all that conduit could be for? 🙂 If you really zoom in on the photo, you might just make out the worker in a safety vest who was measuring/marking off what looked like parking stalls.

478E4099-3749-43B8-AD13-2EA912C39062.jpeg

Hmm. Merced County's permitting portal is still showing the building permit as only approved and not issued. Bit odd, but maybe it's just one of the ones that's not always kept quite up to date. Also, in addition to the up to 48 supercharger stalls (across 2 phases) that they already have planning approval for, Tesla has approval to add a Megapack battery system there to support the supercharger (see project ZCLR21-031). No info on when that one is expected to be built.

Reactions: PStewart
There is also a zoning clearance for a Tesla Energy Storage system (megapack) at this location but it does not have a permit attached to it. Searching by address only returns the first 25 permits of 63 total records (stops in 2018) so without searching every 20 permit numbers there is no way to see what recent permits have been approved for that site.

@bmah @MarcoRP @corywright ^^^ construction started, equipment on site
Pedestals and charging cabinets look right with 12 boxes/pallets of 2ea for a total of 24 for the first set. However, there are 12 cabinets on hand which could do 48 chargers. For 24, they would only need 6 cabinets and then maybe 1 larger cabinet for switchgear? Here is a picture from a SD thread with 24 V3. Assume they would match this design wise. Maybe they will do conduit for all 48 and do the wiring and everything else for the remaining 24 later?

1646786385738.png

Reactions: IronQQQ