Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Nella, CA (LIVE, 48 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that was quick!!
C3CEFA62-D490-4064-96CB-DBAEF554DCEE.jpeg
CC3C92C6-2BAC-44B8-801F-44BC5892F17B.jpeg
5DD3334C-F77A-4550-B338-E8BCB9B011FE.jpeg

This is great news! I have charged a few times in the past at the current Gustine location; but try to avoid unless I really need to charge around that location. The location is cramped and facilities at the Pea Soup Andersons are sub-par in my opinion. Does anyone have an idea when the new one at Hotel Mission de Oro might be usable? I will be in that area in about 10 days and glad to report any progress at that time. Many thanks to FamilyFirstj for the last update and pics!

Reactions: rrosenbl
This is great news! I have charged a few times in the past at the current Gustine location; but try to avoid unless I really need to charge around that location. The location is cramped and facilities at the Pea Soup Andersons are sub-par in my opinion. Does anyone have an idea when the new one at Hotel Mission de Oro might be usable? I will be in that area in about 10 days and glad to report any progress at that time. Many thanks to FamilyFirstj for the last update and pics!

It doesn't seem that long ago that we were actually HAPPY about Gustine coming on-line. :)

There's still significant work that needs to happen before Santa Nella goes live...paving and striping (although there are some Supercharger sites on unpaved lots), installation of the all-important utility transformer, and it looks like there's space for a Megapack (though that can be installed later). Also there needs to be some lighting installed or else that place is going to be hard to use at night. Actual timelines are anybody's guess, really!

Bruce.

As promised here are a few pics on progress as of 6/28/22. Location is adjacent to Hotel Mission de Oro (nice place to stay by the way). Obviously paving is still needed; could not tell if electrical is in place or not. Perhaps my next trip North I can use this location instead of Pea Souo Anderson location nearby.

Attachments

• 010FF0A9-2340-43E2-8E71-B4CFBED55D07.jpeg
    010FF0A9-2340-43E2-8E71-B4CFBED55D07.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 9CE51450-2568-4516-A57B-154B8EB6E3D1.jpeg
    9CE51450-2568-4516-A57B-154B8EB6E3D1.jpeg
    526.8 KB · Views: 140
I’d say Megapack down the line. Don’t see anything to indicate Solar unfortunately

Definitely looks like space for a Megapack next to the transformer, but that doesn't need to block the site going live. Tesla has installed those after a site has gone live (e.g. Jackson, CA).

Those stalls in the background, closest to the freeway...could they be pull-through stalls for trailer towing?

This is shaping up to be a nice example of a greenfield Supercharger installation.

Bruce.

Definitely looks like space for a Megapack next to the transformer, but that doesn't need to block the site going live. Tesla has installed those after a site has gone live (e.g. Jackson, CA).

Those stalls in the background, closest to the freeway...could they be pull-through stalls for trailer towing?

This is shaping up to be a nice example of a greenfield Supercharger installation.

Bruce.
Yes! Looks like 4 extra wide pull through stalls…
F2F6D153-D9B4-4276-84B1-AA6579FA9EE6.png

The sites like Firebaugh are designed with 7 cabinets and 28 stalls per transformer and Firebaugh has two full sets for 56 stalls. This site is 48 stalls and not 56, but it looks like they chose to split it unevenly, with an extra-large transformer plus a smaller one. It looks to me like 8 cabinets on the larger one and only 4 cabinets on the smaller one. If true, this is the first site I've noticed that has more than 28 stalls on one transformer.

I agree that it looks like there is a spot for a Megapack between the transformers and distribution cabinets.

The sites like Firebaugh are designed with 7 cabinets and 28 stalls per transformer and Firebaugh has two full sets for 56 stalls. This site is 48 stalls and not 56, but it looks like they chose to split it unevenly, with an extra-large transformer plus a smaller one. It looks to me like 8 cabinets on the larger one and only 4 cabinets on the smaller one. If true, this is the first site I've noticed that has more than 28 stalls on one transformer.

I agree that it looks like there is a spot for a Megapack between the transformers and distribution cabinets.

I was looking at that, too. I had previously read that V3 equipment could be installed in systems of up to 7 power cabinets, so this one is a bit of a head scratcher the way they have it hooked up.

I think the 7 cabinets per transformer may be more of a transformer limitation than a Tesla limitation. Only time will tell but with more of these larger transformers being used we can see if it requires separate switchgear or if we will see 32 stall sites with 1 transformer.

The only problem I could see with the pull through stalls will be to make sure people pull in from the right in the picture. Will be interesting to see how they stripe them.

I think the 7 cabinets per transformer may be more of a transformer limitation than a Tesla limitation.
A 3325 kVA transformer could support 9 cabinets since each cabinet pulls 350 kVA. If anything the limitation would be on Tesla’s switchgear on the low side of the transformer since I don’t know if 3000 A switchgear is the biggest they install or they have bigger switchgear.