Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gustine, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving south on I-5 this afternoon, and saw on the east side of the freeway a 10-12 stall supercharger station at Pea Soup Anderson's (12411 CA-33, Gustine , CA). Very easy to spot the charging pedestals, right up near the north direction of I-5. Sorry, I don't have any pics, as I was driving and didn't have time to stop by. Pedestals were wrapped in plastic, so I would speculate this one could be close to competion.

This really fills in I-5... location makes sense and isn't exacty a surprise, but nice to see Tesla putting some big stations on this route!

great report!
Yes, this is a much needed location.
I remember going to Pea Soup Andersons back in the 80's... was actually a neat place with a cool atmosphere.
Lately, it seems like a place that's been open for >30 years without a refreshed look.
Will have to go back and visit the endless pea soup bowls when these chargers open... and force the kids to partake

Reactions: Owner
Nice find! That's a nearly perfect location for going up and down the valley. Come to think of it, I used to go to Pea Soup Andersons all the time when going between the Bay Area and Fresno in my ICE, but haven't been that way since I got my Tesla. Kinda missing that place now... :)

Bruce.

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam
How did we all miss this?
Because it is impossible to continuously check building permits for all municipalities in the US and simultaneously travel all the highways of America looking for signs of Supercharger construction.

(The following is not directed at you): Every year there are posts on TMC bemoaning the slow pace of Supercharger construction based on information shown at supercharge.info and on these forums. The complainers seem to assume that they have complete information about all existing construction sites and approved permits and therefore they know with great certainty that Tesla is way behind schedule in building new Superchargers. Of course they do not have the perfect insight and total information they base their complaints on.

Yes, Tesla does not always meet their Supercharger goals. But they come pretty close. And now, four full years after the first Supercharger was built, none of the other car companies have made any real world progress at all on building a high-speed DC charging network specifically designed for long distance travel with convenient locations. Yet Tesla continues to move forward and make real progress in North America, Western Europe, East Asia, Australia, and is extending into Eastern Europe and even Russia!

Last edited:
Santa Nella, CA*

Interstates: I-5
US Highways (<= 5mi): none
CA Highways (<= 5mi): CA-33, CA-152

To: Manteca, CA - 58.1 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Corning, CA - 225 miles

To: Fresno, CA (CA-152/33, CA-99) 72 miles

evtripplanner.com with multiplier 1 in an S85D with 19" wheels, 72F, 72F cabin, 500lb payload says 245 rated miles to Corning, so I guess that people might be able to get slow pea soup for lunch and then skip Manteca.

Anyway, looks like it's all about increasing options on I-5.

* at Pea Soup Andersen's based on the address on the permit and the address that comes up for Pea Soup Andersen's in a Google.

• Informative
Reactions: McManX