Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Rosa, CA (LIVE 20 Nov 2019, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saturday Nov 30 17:30 showing 13 available with an inop logo.

IMG_0286.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: AlasCon
Supercharger on maps this morning 12/10, said limited service but decided to stop by anyway. Currently using stall 1A and I getting 105kw.
Good to know, I was planning to stop by last night but the NAV said Santa Rosa was CLOSED. I called and a Tesla person said indeed it was completely closed and offline. Maybe he was wrong; or maybe they opened it this morning. I’ll have to go back. I wish I would have tried.

Dropped by at 4:00 pm today, 12/12. Wide open. Appears all 20 stalls are operating. Although the Tesla Nav map indicated "limited operation". My "old" P85+ got a solid 115kW at about 40% SOC. Tapered from there, but still a strong 80kW over 50%. I did notice that the cables are thinner and plugs smaller.

BTW, good food choices at Cottingtown Mall! Glad to see this one is up and running.

IMG_2793.jpg
IMG_2794.jpg

Reactions: ohmman
Was by this afternoon Dec 17th, to post an update. The charging stations are broken up into groups of 4. The 8 that are facing the library are labeled 1A-1D, 2A-2D with 1 being closer to the shopping center. The 12 stations alone Guernvile rd are labeled 3A-D, 4A-D and 5 A-D with the number 3 stations closest to the gas station.
I tried a charge from each group and found that stations 4A through 4D do not work. They will not even open the charge port when pressing the button on the charging cable. There Tesla logo is not lit. There are remnants of yellow tape on some of these.
I have a 2014 S so am restricted in charging rates so I can't give good data on how fast these stations are charging although for a reference a Model 3 was getting 96kw at 50% at the time I was charging. Maybe they are providing full V3 power but not for me.
Of the 16 that are providing power, you are going to find that intermittently any one of them will just stop charging with a red charge port light so if you leave your vehicle make sure you stay on top of your Tesla app.
Side note of no relevance, The broken station group 4A-D are not consistently labeled like the others. Rather that being an A-D sequence, they are DABC.
Not the best example of how a V3 flagship station should be run but I'm happy that its there and supplying some power.

Was by this afternoon Dec 17th, to post an update. The charging stations are broken up into groups of 4. The 8 that are facing the library are labeled 1A-1D, 2A-2D with 1 being closer to the shopping center. The 12 stations alone Guernvile rd are labeled 3A-D, 4A-D and 5 A-D with the number 3 stations closest to the gas station.
I tried a charge from each group and found that stations 4A through 4D do not work. They will not even open the charge port when pressing the button on the charging cable. There Tesla logo is not lit. There are remnants of yellow tape on some of these.
I have a 2014 S so am restricted in charging rates so I can't give good data on how fast these stations are charging although for a reference a Model 3 was getting 96kw at 50% at the time I was charging. Maybe they are providing full V3 power but not for me.
Of the 16 that are providing power, you are going to find that intermittently any one of them will just stop charging with a red charge port light so if you leave your vehicle make sure you stay on top of your Tesla app.
Side note of no relevance, The broken station group 4A-D are not consistently labeled like the others. Rather that being an A-D sequence, they are DABC.
Not the best example of how a V3 flagship station should be run but I'm happy that its there and supplying some power.
Uhoh.

Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
When I was there last Thursday, they had not marked the stalls at all. A, B, C, D or anything else. Weird A- D?

When I was there last Thursday, they had not marked the stalls at all. A, B, C, D or anything else. Weird A- D?

Why weird? Each V3 cabinet services 4 stalls. So they are labeled nA-nD. (They may not share power capacity, but they still share a common cabinet so it makes sense to number them as such so that you can call and report a specific stall and they know immediately which cabinet it is hooked to.)