Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Rosa NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
bd3bd51f9a0cb9bc1afc11a1be08cec4.jpg
d617571beafacb10768a484fa6424bf2.jpg
02dc172314cd4234985f216baf299a8d.jpg

d2fb7a87894c7683da36ff1adb92ec88.jpg

Charging here now on our way from Houston to Phoenix. Easy drive at the speed limit from Amarillo with a range charge. We have a p85 with 21s.

There isn't much around here in terms of food or amenities. Couple hotels and a gas station. A dairy queen about 0.2 miles away and a small local cafe about 0.3mi.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these! I will be stopping here soon.

It is interesting that they have a split 4 + 2 stall configuration in the corner with the transformer in between.

The left 4 slots are nose first charging, the right 2 are rear first charging.

Also, while the slots are obviously not normal parking spaces, I hope they add signage for "Tesla charging only" on the fence of each slot. The last available parking spaces seem to disappear from 10pm - 2am at some interstate motels, and I would expect some ICEing at night unless well marked.

I took these on Sunday afternoon on the way back to Albuquerque. The two south facing stalls, and the one closest to the transformer are dedicated charging stalls. The northern most three are 60 minute general parking.

Like mentioned previously, there is a Dairy Queen down the road to the east. Easy five minute walk to get there while the wife and son enjoyed a blizzard and stretched their legs.

IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG

I took these on Sunday afternoon on the way back to Albuquerque. The two south facing stalls, and the one closest to the transformer are dedicated charging stalls. The northern most three are 60 minute general parking.

Like mentioned previously, there is a Dairy Queen down the road to the east. Easy five minute walk to get there while the wife and son enjoyed a blizzard and stretched their legs.

View attachment 75681View attachment 75682View attachment 75683
It's too bad that 2 of the 3 dedicated charging stalls share the same charger, 3A & 3B. Two of the 60 minute general parking stalls have to share a common charger too, probably 1A & 1B if they are numbered sequentially. It would be nice if the site designer paid more attention to little details like that. In any case, it's great to have this location. The Santa Rosa Holiday Inn Express is my normal overnight stop on I-40 coming to or from Phoenix.

Very disappointing experience at this location. Arrived at a little before 11 pm and all but one spot is ICEd. Luckily I can use the only free spot. I go inside the Holiday Inn and ask them if they enforce the Tesla priority in any way. He straight out said they don't and don't expect Tesla to come at night. He said when they full they tell people it's OK to park there! Some spots are marked 60 min general parking which should clearly mean don't park there overnight.
Obviously the hotel is giving their guests far more priority over keep the stalls open. It's really disappointing in two ways. First it makes those chargers unavailable. But even worse, the hotel tells people it's OK to park in charging spots that are meant to be for EVs. It teaches people it's fine to ignore EVs and block the rare chargers out there.

2015-12-28 22.54.32.jpg

2015-12-28 22.54.32.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-12-28 22.54.59.jpg
    2015-12-28 22.54.59.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Informative
Reactions: DriverOne
It’s been a long time since anyone posted a charging photo at the Santa Rosa NM Supercharger. It was completely empty when we arrived mid morning. Good charging.

We charged up past 90% getting ready to do the long run to Lubbock via Clovis. Unfortunately just as we left we got a warning that one of the superchargers on our route had a problem. It was the Lubbock Supercharger which was “temporarily closed”. Arrrrgh! It ended up being temporarily closed most of the day.

1F5425DD-286F-4100-9348-A7FF3D2C158C.jpeg

It’s been a long time since anyone posted a charging photo at the Santa Rosa NM Supercharger. It was completely empty when we arrived mid morning. Good charging.

We charged up past 90% getting ready to do the long run to Lubbock via Clovis. Unfortunately just as we left we got a warning that one of the superchargers on our route had a problem. It was the Lubbock Supercharger which was “temporarily closed”. Arrrrgh! It ended up being temporarily closed most of the day.

View attachment 861341
Interesting that you do the Santa Rosa to Lubbock through Clovis route. For years, that’s was my route while driving an ICE vehicle, but thought the gap too long to do in my MY LR. You keep the speeds low, say to around 65 mph?

Interesting that you do the Santa Rosa to Lubbock through Clovis route. For years, that’s was my route while driving an ICE vehicle, but thought the gap too long to do in my MY LR. You keep the speeds low, say to around 65 mph?
Well I hadn’t done it before in the EV, but we were pretty confident about it with a 23% projected arrival SoC. Then Lubbock became unavailable.

I think it’s the simply Model X LR range.

We did an even longer gap today - Clyde TX to San Antonio Leon Springs, 225 miles. Projected arrival SoC 27%, actual arrival was 22%. Smaller TX highways so some I did at 70 or 65 because the posted 75 was way too fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cigar Man
That is our normal route to San Antonio. We've gone from Santa Rosa Supercharger to Lubbock and stayed in a hotel to charge overnight then to sweetwater. Also have gone from Amarillo to Sweetwater with no issues. Our next trip will be probably Thanksgiving weekend and we plan to Supercharger hop from Santa Rosa, Lubbock, Sweetwater and not really concerned about it. 90% charge at Santa Rosa is about what we go to as well.

Sunday morning 6am. One spot open. Lots of odd looking EVs. Though no magic dock here.
View attachment 911423
That's frustrating. At this charger, you might be able to back in catty-cornered behind the parked cars and reach a plug to your port. You'd be blocking two of these funny looking EVs, but I certainly wouldn't feel guilty about that in this circumstance. On the bright side, at least your power wouldn't get cut in half by the joker parked next to you.

Reactions: DeepBlueMN