Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ysabel, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

Mark212

Jun 23, 2020
Carlsbad, CA
Jealous of you folks with newer battery packs. Mid-100s is about all I can manage. Headed out to my place in Borrego and this is a great spot to recharge and grab a bite, let the dog out for a sniff.
F08FCE60-1F75-4DD2-AEF4-D8070E9DB896.jpeg

Oil Freedom

Nov 10, 2017
Southern California
We can encourage Tesla's Supercharger deployments to cover gaps in Borrego Springs and Ocotillo/Campo (Golden Nugget Travel Center directly off the 8 Freeway). Here's what I've done, and I encourage you to add your voice.
  • Submit recommended locations as a Tesla owner: Charging Partners | Tesla (scroll down to the Suggest a Charging Site form).
  • Contact businesses, cities, and chambers of commerce asking them to request Superchargers using the same form.
We all know that Tesla drivers go where the Superchargers are, so they bring business!

In addition to that form, looks like there's also [email protected].

Sep 18, 2012
San Diego, CA, United States
This is a much better location than expected. Allowed for a trip from Joshua Tree to Julian non-stop (spent the day there). Then on the way back to SD a perfect stop here for a fill up while @ dinner.

Farmhouse 78 was the spot, highly recommend!

Oil Freedom

Nov 10, 2017
Southern California
Yeah, that's awesome with the right combo of the new V3 Superchargers and cars! Of course, that's just at the low-end of the battery's state of charge and tapers off. But, it really helps people get back on the road sooner and increases the vehicle throughput capacity for the chargers.

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
Jealous of you folks with newer battery packs. Mid-100s is about all I can manage. Headed out to my place in Borrego and this is a great spot to recharge and grab a bite, let the dog out for a sniff.
Judging by your SOC your rate isn't that far off that of a 3/Y due to the large taper of V3. This is our SR Y at 16% on V3 at GIlroy with no other cars charging at 9am. We were about 150 miles into a drive with preconditioning so no issues with battery not being warm enough for peak charge rates.

IMG_6059.png

Jerry Ham

Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburg, CA
Stopped here yesterday afternoon. We have been visiting the San Diego area all week and had some free time in the afternoon to go hit new (to us) chargers. We did not realize how out in the boonies this one was. But it is a nice stop with a grocery store (with restrooms) and a restaurant. Population of the little town only 463. While here, we got to see something that I had thought never really happened (except for staged videos): a Nissan Leaf pulled in and tried to charge. Obviously the cable wouldn't even reach but he tried to plug it in to the charge port on his hood. He tried for a couple of minutes. So hilarious and now I know it isn't only staged - it actually happens.

gaswalla

Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery
Sep 23, 2012
San Diego
If you visit this charger as noted above, please realize that Julian is just down the street and is the destination for many San Diegans - old time country feel and highly rated and overrated Apple Pie

SR-75

Nov 19, 2016
Lincoln, CA
If you visit this charger as noted above, please realize that Julian is just down the street and is the destination for many San Diegans - old time country feel and highly rated and overrated Apple Pie
I agree, the Julian Apple Pie may be highly rated and/or overrated if you bake your own Apple Pie. My wife makes the greatest Apple Pie and other Pie's too..

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC