Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ysabel, CA (permit not found, location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When Tesla updated their supercharger map for 2020, they added a new location in the mountains of San Diego in Santa Ysabel, CA. Interesting location choice. Thought i'd create the thread so people could be on the lookout for a permit.

santa.jpg

This will be great for people heading to Julian or Borrego. I've done it a few times but always had to carefully plan ahead, factoring in the climb of the hill on both sides. This will make it much easier. Right now there is a chargepoint station at Don's Market, Google Maps but I'm guessing it will be at either that shop, or Dudley's which has a huge empty part of the lot.

Reactions: ybbor
Yes, Don's Market in Santa Ysabel is a great spot to stop to charge when the stores are open. A bit lonely after business hours.

I would not be surprised to see it in the lot nearest the street across from the Charge Point stations.

Before the ChargePoint station, this location hosted a Blink CHAdeMO and 3-4 L2 stations, but they were all ripped out because the Blink hardware was notoriously unreliable. It would be good to get new CCS/CHAdeMO chargers here and a few more J1772 plugs, too.

Reactions: jowaldo
Just noticed this one on the map, sorry I'm late to the discussion.

I drive through here about once a month for some "spirited" weekend drives with friends out to Borrega Springs and back. I'll keep an eye out much more closely for construction activity now that I know this is on the map.

Reactions: ybbor and jowaldo
Just noticed this one on the map, sorry I'm late to the discussion.

I drive through here about once a month for some "spirited" weekend drives with friends out to Borrega Springs and back. I'll keep an eye out much more closely for construction activity now that I know this is on the map.
Now that the Chula Vista one is up, maybe they will move on to another in the county. As much as this would be nice, I'd hope the finally get rolling on Vista, El Cajon, or the Escondido one that's been listed for quite a while...

• Love
Reactions: ybbor
Now that the Chula Vista one is up, maybe they will move on to another in the county. As much as this would be nice, I'd hope the finally get rolling on Vista, El Cajon, or the Escondido one that's been listed for quite a while...
In San Diego County, Escondido would probably be the most useful, but Santa Ysabel is such a nice place to stop and pick up some sweets.

Reactions: jowaldo and ybbor