Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Santana Row (26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s interesting. There is nothing on Tesla’s Find Us page map at that location.

E163CAD5-DC5B-4C48-B5CD-7B7F5E13ACDD.jpeg

Doesn’t Future Wash do their waterless washes there? Where exactly in the garage did you see the urban chargers being installed? Roof?Wouldn’t surprised me if chargers would be going there though. I know Tesla’s Store there in Santana Row has some L2s on the garage’s lower level to support their test drive cars but don’t think those are for anyone else. Interesting nonetheless.

Doesn’t Future Wash do their waterless washes there? Where exactly in the garage did you see the urban chargers being installed? Roof?Wouldn’t surprised me if chargers would be going there though. I know Tesla’s Store there in Santana Row has some L2s on the garage’s lower level to support their test drive cars but don’t think those are for anyone else. Interesting nonetheless.

Yes, future wash are on one of the higher floors, I think 5th most of the time. The chargers were I think on the 3rd floor.

I should be home in a couple of hours, I'll upload the video to YouTube and link it here. Hopefully I wasn't weaving around too much as I tried to see what was going on.

They have a whole lot more electrical channel laid out along that wall. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like 30 stalls.

Well, I went to the Santa Clara County GIS and got the APN for the parking garage and went to the San Jose Permit site and found this:

Santana Row Supercharger Permits.jpg

They may not all be Superchargers, but yeah, a few more than 18.

There are also permits issued almost a year ago for 1,095 kW of solar on the roof of that structure.

They have a whole lot more electrical channel laid out along that wall. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like 30 stalls.

Well, I went to the Santa Clara County GIS and got the APN for the parking garage and went to the San Jose Permit site and found this:

View attachment 351045

There are also permits issued almost a year ago for 1,095 kW of solar on the roof of that structure.
61 superchargers! Not bad :p

View attachment 351045

Good catch on there being lots more conduit already going down the wall. Looks like that entire wall could have chargers down it.

Also interesting that the permit says installation at the Valet section, and in open parking. If there are superchargers at the Valet section and they plug them in for you, I hope that doesn't mean you can get idle fees if they don't unplug them once charged. Do the urban superchargers still give idle fees?

Good catch on there being lots more conduit already going down the wall. Looks like that entire wall could have chargers down it.

Also interesting that the permit says installation at the Valet section, and in open parking. If there are superchargers at the Valet section and they plug them in for you, I hope that doesn't mean you can get idle fees if they don't unplug them once charged. Do the urban superchargers still give idle fees?
This is one reason I don't think all 61 are Superchargers. It makes sense to make some of them Destination Chargers (Wall Connectors) if they are in the Valet section. The Valets should ask you how long you will be gone and how much charge you need.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo
Wow very interesting and jaw dropped on the 61 charger number. That has to be the most at least for this area to be installed even if it's a combination of Superchargers and L2s. BTW if someone can find the planning commission's minutes for when they discussed the permit and planning, it's possible it would indicate it there in that report. I know the City of Los Gatos discussed how many would be Superchargers there and how many would be L2 chargers that other car manufacturer owners could use. Very possible some of that number isn't even a Tesla destination charger (Wall charger) but a ChargePoint or another company's.

Wow very interesting and jaw dropped on the 61 charger number. That has to be the most at least for this area to be installed even if it's a combination of Superchargers and L2s. BTW if someone can find the planning commission's minutes for when they discussed the permit and planning, it's possible it would indicate it there in that report. I know the City of Los Gatos discussed how many would be Superchargers there and how many would be L2 chargers that other car manufacturer owners could use. Very possible some of that number isn't even a Tesla destination charger (Wall charger) but a ChargePoint or another company's.
Wasn't the Los Gatos installation on City property? If so, then there would be more public discussion. This is Tenant Improvement on private land, so it's a simple building permit. There was probably no need to discuss it during a public meeting with minutes recorded.

View attachment 351045

@BlueShift Currently supercharge.info shows 12 stalls. According to the thread there are going to be at least 18 and possibly even more.