Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sault Ste Marie, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New construction site in Sault Ste Marie that looks a lot like a supercharger. At the intersection of Second Line and Great Northern Road.
58590135-B0CA-475B-813D-E939D70BF48D.jpeg

Weird. Based on Google maps, this is on the south-east corner of the intersection and based on the overhead road signs in the background, they are digging up the grass square surrounding the water tower on the north-east corner. I assume it's so far into the grassy knoll because the transformers and power units will sit far back from the chargers, and the chargers will be facing the parking lot along the east side of that grass square. I hope they will be paving that parking lot area also.

Thanks for the update. This is excellent news. My 90 year old father-in-law lives about two blocks from there. He’s lived and breathed cars all his life but has never been in an EV. I’ve been looking forward to taking my M3 there to show him the future of automobiles. This will make it an easy trip.

Another interesting tidbit from looking at these pictures. It looks like they’re using Smith and Long construction to build the chargers. From their web site their a company with locations across the country with the ability to service what they install. Hopefully that bodes well for keeping the chargers in good repair in far flung locations.

Reactions: navguy12
Sault Ste Marie, ON

Along National Highways: TCH/ON-17

TCH:
To: Blind River, ON - 145.7 km
Diversion: 2.5 km
To: Espanola, ON - 238.8 km

Well, at least it looks like this year Tesla will complete the TCH from Sault Ste Marie, ON to Truro, NS.