Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sault Ste Marie, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah no big announcement, plus it's still not done…

- Brandon and Portage already offline
- Deep River still not commissioned
- unclear when these things actually went live because they are in the middle of nowhere so we only saw them up once they showed up on the tesla map

either way, this is amazing…hopefully tesla can now focus on finishing the route through ND.

- Brandon and Portage already offline
- Deep River still not commissioned
Monday for all 3.

https://i.imgur.com/TjJTbeH.jpg
TjJTbeH.jpg

75% SOC, getting 17kW with a model X a few stalls over. I suspect we are sharing the 30-35kW I was getting the other day. Even at my SOC should be getting like 50kW.

At least it's on, but it's far too slow right now (leaving in the morning so was trying to top up enough to get to 100% in the morning off of 120V)
15773990293433245173437292321884.jpg

75% SOC, getting 17kW with a model X a few stalls over. I suspect we are sharing the 30-35kW I was getting the other day. Even at my SOC should be getting like 50kW.
At least it's on, but it's far too slow right now (leaving in the morning so was trying to top up enough to get to 100% in the morning off of 120V)
It is a v3 supercharger so your 'shared stall' comment is illogical. Each pedestal is independent.

Sault Ste. Marie, ON Supercharger | Tesla
0S8CXIK.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
It is a v3 supercharger so your 'shared stall' comment is illogical. Each pedestal is independent.

Sault Ste. Marie, ON Supercharger | Tesla
0S8CXIK.jpg
I am very well aware of V3 capabilities (and am an electrical engineer) but this site is operating at extremely reduced capacity so the cabinet is NOT the limiting factor in its performance. They all connect to the grid at the same location, so there is a bottleneck outside of the V3 cabinets.

I was getting 30kW alone the previous day and 15kW when there was another car. This would lead, logically unlike you say, to my thought about all of the cabinets sharing an extremely low power connection to the grid.

However, with that being said, i do come back here right now to refute my previous thought above, because I came back hoping to get more power with the other car gone and I'm only getting 17kW still so that was *not* the reason for getting half.

It was a reasonable hypothesis but obviously not correct because I'm the only car here.

So anyways, getting 17kW today. Not a good trend but at least it's on.

I am very well aware of V3 capabilities (and am an electrical engineer) but this site is operating at extremely reduced capacity so the cabinet is NOT the limiting factor in its performance. They all connect to the grid at the same location, so there is a bottleneck outside of the V3 cabinets.
I was getting 30kW alone the previous day and 15kW when there was another car. This would lead, logically unlike you say, to my thought about all of the cabinets sharing an extremely low power connection to the grid.
However, with that being said, i do come back here right now to refute my previous thought above, because I came back hoping to get more power with the other car gone and I'm only getting 17kW still so that was *not* the reason for getting half.
It was a reasonable hypothesis but obviously not correct because I'm the only car here.
So anyways, getting 17kW today. Not a good trend but at least it's on.
Sorry for the trouble. Thank you for the explanation and your reasoning. Thanks for the updates.

• Love
Reactions: KenziEE
And they aren't Superchargers and therefore do not belong in this thread!
This thread has plenty of posts about nearby amenities including other charging options like the local Petro Canada opening and level 2's available in the area before this one opened. Since this Ivy charger appears to be in the very same parking lot it would seem well suited to be included in the discussion about this supercharger. I don't see this as being any different then posting about a nearby Starbucks or Walmart or Canadian tire.

This thread has plenty of posts about nearby amenities including other charging options like the local Petro Canada opening and level 2's available in the area before this one opened. Since this Ivy charger appears to be in the very same parking lot it would seem well suited to be included in the discussion about this supercharger. I don't see this as being any different then posting about a nearby Starbucks or Walmart or Canadian tire.

Agreed.