Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Savannah, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An Atlanta area Model S owner contacted a reporter who wrote an article about this location, to ask if she had any information about when it would be completed. She told him:

Good news! Airport tells me the work on the Tesla charging station has already begun and will be done by end of the year.

So, since work has begun, someone should swing by and take a look :)

Based on my last conversation with Savannah Airport Facilities, there's almost no chance this SuperCharger will be ready in a week for my planned trip. If I want to drive the Tesla, it will require an overnight stay in Savannah. Anyone know of EV friendly hotels in the area?

Any updates on this location now that Santee is complete?
Just stopped by the SAV SC site. They still have a ways to go. The site ground work is complete and transformer cabinets installed but I didn't see any signs of the container with the SC hardware.

Looks like this might be the first covered SC location for the east coast. The charges are being installed along the west edge of the north economy parking garage. To get to these spaces you follow the signs for economy parking, drive straight through the south garage on the ground floor and across the road to the north garage. The spaces are on your left as you enter the garage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 574
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 530
Just stopped by the SAV SC site. They still have a ways to go. The site ground work is complete and transformer cabinets installed but I didn't see any signs of the container with the SC hardware.

Looks like this might be the first covered SC location for the east coast. The charges are being installed along the west edge of the north economy parking garage. To get to these spaces you follow the signs for economy parking, drive straight through the south garage on the ground floor and across the road to the north garage. The spaces are on your left as you enter the garage.

This is actually pretty far along. The big green box by itself on the right in the first picture is the transformer. The triplet of gray boxes on the left in the first picture are 480 Volt switching and circuit breaker boxes. The spaces beside of these gray boxes are ready for the Supercharger cabinets to be installed.

In the first picture, it looks like the Supercharger stalls are behind the green transformer, immediately on the left as you enter the garage from the south, and on the right of the first picture. Is that correct? It is hard to tell from your pictures, but I assume that the conduit is already run to the stalls.

Last edited: