Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Savannah, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The charges are being installed along the west edge of the north economy parking garage. To get to these spaces you follow the signs for economy parking, drive straight through the south garage on the ground floor and across the road to the north garage. The spaces are on your left as you enter the garage.

Does this mean you will have to pay for parking in the economy garage in order to use the supercharger? I have not been to the Savannah Airport and am unfamiliar with the setup.

I was there last Friday....

I was actually there last Friday night and it was much too dark to take a picture. The two units you see in that picture were not in place, so they must be working over the week-end to get this into place.

I purposely went by the Airport to check it out since I was in the Pooler area. I was parked in the long term lot where it was located approximately 20 minutes, and didn't get charged when I exited. Perhaps there is an allotted free time of say an hour when you enter that lot.

Savannah Supercharger Progress

Attached are some progress pics on the Savannah Charger. Hopefully soon! BTW, I parked for 5 hours roughly and paid $4.50.
2013-12-31 10.29.20.jpg
2013-12-31 10.29.34.jpg
2013-12-31 10.29.41.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Looks like they are making good progress. No reason why this SC station shouldn't be open by Feb 1st. This is a key link in the I-95 Miami to Boston chain. Wish I could throw a party for the workers and for Tesla.

Strange that they are cutting the concrete all the way to the ends of the parking spaces. I wonder if they are going to put all the chargers up front so you don't have to back into the spaces (or is it just the one in the photo like that and the others are not cut all the way forward?).

Can you drive it with a MS 60 from Savannah to St. Augustine? I currently get with a standard charge 178 and a range charge 198. So I don't know if can drive that leg from Savannah to St. Augustine especially in the cold weather. However I could stop in Jacksonville and charge in a Nissan Dealer then I'll have enough to get to St. Augustine.

Can you drive it with a MS 60 from Savannah to St. Augustine? I currently get with a standard charge 178 and a range charge 198. So I don't know if can drive that leg from Savannah to St. Augustine especially in the cold weather. However I could stop in Jacksonville and charge in a Nissan Dealer then I'll have enough to get to St. Augustine.

I can't comment on how doable it is because I don't own a Model S so I don't know how accurate those numbers are or how you need to drive to obtain those numbers. However the distance between the two locations is 171 miles via Google Maps. So it's possible?

Google Maps

Yeah, it is tight for a 60. You'll likely want to pick up an additional charge somewhere along the way. Apparently Tesla had a hard time finding a suitable site north of a Jacksonville. I suspect they will keep looking.

I'm planning to drive my 60 from Northern Virginia to Orlando in 3 weeks. If the Savannah Superchargers are up and running, I'll let you know how it works out. A range charge in Savannah should give a 30 mile buffer and is very do-able assuming speeds are kept conservative.

On a separate note, can folks who are familiar with the location comment on what there is to do in the airport parking area to kill an hour or so? Google maps shows a Starbucks and a Burger King, not exactly in line with the statement on Tesla's website: "Superchargers are located near amenities like roadside diners, cafes, and shopping centers. Road trippers can stop for a quick meal and have their Model S charged when they’re done."

Last edited:
I traveled from Orlando to NC the week of Christmas (in an ICE unfortunately) and specifically clocked the distance from St Aug to Savannah at almost exactly 170 mi. Assuming mild weather and a speed of 70 mph or less, this should be very doable in a 60 with a range charge. I would be a little hesitant at tying this at temps below 50 deg without a intermediate charge. Otherwise, this should not be a problem.

Last edited:
I'm guessing they brought the chargers in from the edge (so the cars will park nose-in) to keep them out of the weather? Other locations are completely exposed so I don't understand this. Seems like they're just asking for a truck to bump into them.