Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Savannah, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went through last week and met a new owner on his first road trip. Was pleased to explain the need to avoid plugging into the B charger when A is occupied. I like this location with the covered charger, covered walk into the airport for restroom and food (although limited options).
Unless it's a holiday weekend. Then that Supercharger can ruin your day.

Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of some emergency travel and will likely pass through Savannah tomorrow. Is there any indication the supercharger won't be accessible? There don't seem to be many alternatives along the 95 corridor, and I'd rather not get stranded...

I'm ok even if the airport facilities are closed. I just need to be able to get to the supercharger.

Validating parking also isn't an issue. I'm fine with paying the parking fee (by credit card?) if there's no one around to give me the free stamp.

Thanks a million for any info.

Ben

Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of some emergency travel and will likely pass through Savannah tomorrow. Is there any indication the supercharger won't be accessible? There don't seem to be many alternatives along the 95 corridor, and I'd rather not get stranded...

I'm ok even if the airport facilities are closed. I just need to be able to get to the supercharger.

Validating parking also isn't an issue. I'm fine with paying the parking fee (by credit card?) if there's no one around to give me the free stamp.

Ben
Airports aren't closed.

COVID-19 Update | Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport

Hi everyone,

Ben
Also keep in mind that Electrify America is on the opposite side of I-95 at Walmart. Not cheap, but I know that Savannah is intermittent. There's also a movie theater west of 95 with destination chargers in back, and free ChargePoint at the outlet mall.

• Helpful
Reactions: BQst
Also keep in mind that Electrify America is on the opposite side of I-95 at Walmart. Not cheap, but I know that Savannah is intermittent. There's also a movie theater west of 95 with destination chargers in back, and free ChargePoint at the outlet mall.
I tried using that location with a chademo adapter and the most it would do was 33 kw and that was having to call them to get it to actually turn on. It was actually faster to drive out to Metter, GA and use the V3 Supercharger than to wait for the EA on to slowly work.

Charged today...big fail.

2 of pedestals delivering less than 40kW (no one in the other paired units).
My experience is similar to X Fan, the 2 chargers closest to the entrance have been consistently poor. The 2 V2 units that are furthest away from the entrance are the newest and I was able to max out close to 150kW arriving with less than 10% SOC. Since the Metter V3 site is up and running I avoid SAV but this is not an option for those not using I-16.