Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scappoose, OR (LIVE May 2023, 4 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is in the works for Scappoose, Oregon!!

Tesla is working with the City of Scappoose and the Columbia River Public Utilities District to install a 4-stall (prefab?) Supercharger near the Watts House in Heritage Park.

Scappoose.jpg

Given that a lot of new Superchargers have been activated, including the Fox Tower location in SW Portland (with nobody tracking that one), I'm curious if this is next in line (along with the second Bend location), given what we know so far. Has anyone stopped by this location recently?

Drove out here today. No sign of any construction around the building or the park.

Doesn’t look like many amenities around. There is a public bathroom for the park that’s here. There is a coffee shop and a bakery about a block away. It is next door to the police station. It’s not very convenient from here to walk across highway 30 to the shops over there but it can be done.

IMG_5831.JPG

I also drove out to the location today and just got back! Helpful that there was a kid's playground right next to it to take my daughter. This strikes me as a very strange location for a Supercharger. Though this side of the street is the playground and Scappoose Library, the other side is very residential. It's not a high traffic area. Something like Fred Meyer in town would make a lot more sense (I glanced as I drove by and there doesn't seem to be anything immediately apparent going on in terms of construction).

As @2GoldDoubloons points out, there are zero markings or any indications at all that this spot is being developed (in Marco's post at the top, you can see that the curb coming out is supposed to be redeveloped). If there is a Scappoose location coming shortly, I very much doubt is it is this spot.

View attachment 906235

I also drove out to the location today and just got back! Helpful that there was a kid's playground right next to it to take my daughter. This strikes me as a very strange location for a Supercharger. Though this side of the street is the playground and Scappoose Library, the other side is very residential. It's not a high traffic area. Something like Fred Meyer in town would make a lot more sense (I glanced as I drove by and there doesn't seem to be anything immediately apparent going on in terms of construction).

As @2GoldDoubloons points out, there are zero markings or any indications at all that this spot is being developed (in Marco's post at the top, you can see that the curb coming out is supposed to be redeveloped). If there is a Scappoose location coming shortly, I very much doubt is it is this spot.
Per the original post, Tesla is working with the city so the land has to be city owned. The city can’t volunteer property owned by someone else.

1676783164225.png

1676783279511.png

Reactions: bruce4000