Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Schertz, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. A bit close to San Marcos and the new San Antonio SpC.

But maybe less inundated with locals and not too far from 1604 loop for folks passing through.

it will be good for my weekend trips to SA. Don’t have to save as much juice to make San Marcos on the way home.

hope it happens!

Instead of starting a new thread, I figure we can just continue to use this one.

Confirmation (via TABS) that the "Selma" supercharger will be at the Schertz HEB and is potentially planned for construction to start this calendar year: TDLR TABS - Project Details
  • Scope of Work: Telsa is proposing to install (8) electric vehicle charging stations within the existing parking lot of the shopping center.
GPS (guess): 29.598106, -98.278764

Don't pay too much attention to the proposed start date in September shown on the original document. Read that as an optimistic target that's likely to be missed. These records are generally created before a building permit is applied for and that date assumes a brisk approval process and that Tesla keeps this on the front burner. So, any delays beyond a straight rubber stamping in getting their permits approved will push that back. But there's a decent chance it'll break ground within a few months of that date (i.e. this calendar year).

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP
I hope they put it down by the ihop. There is a lot of congestion by the H-E-B.

I hope they put it down by the ihop. There is a lot of congestion by the H-E-B.
No, it won't be that far down. HEB doesn't own/control the whole complex, so they wouldn't be listed as the host if the superchargers weren't going in one of the portions of the parking that is allotted to them. It'll almost certainly be in either of the areas that I circled in red or blue, with the areas circled in green being the most likely spot for each section.

Selma parking lot.JPG

Selma, TX

Along Primary Interstates: I-35
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-35:

To: San Marcos, TX - 25.4 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Austin, TX - 64.3 miles

San Antonio area getting some more love.

Still a significant distance from Laredo, TX, so there's definitely need for Dilley, TX. I-35 also really needs something better in Oklahoma City (large diversion) and needs Emporia, KS for the gap between Wichita, KS and Olathe, KS.

If you're going North-South is there that much need for an OK City stop? Is the 155 miles from Ardmore to Perry too much for 200-and-change cars? What's the design gap target these days for Interstate travel?
It’s in the 100-130 mile range. That being said 155 miles with a optional diversion stop in the middle seems reasonable. I would not anticipate another OKC supercharger any time soon. Certainly not before they fill the OKC-Little Rock gap.

Reactions: SammichLover