Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scott, LA (Lafayette Parish)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it hard to believe would build two stations so close together in an area that isn't much of a hot spot for Tesla vehicles.

All I can figure is now that J3400 is a thing, more manufacturers will be competing for spots and two stations a few miles apart makes sense?

Maybe I'll drive by tomorrow and see what's up.

I find it hard to believe would build two stations so close together in an area that isn't much of a hot spot for Tesla vehicles.

All I can figure is now that J3400 is a thing, more manufacturers will be competing for spots and two stations a few miles apart makes sense?

Maybe I'll drive by tomorrow and see what's up.
I would normally agree with this, but SWLA has 3 in a 40 mile stretch in an even smaller Tesla hotspot.

Stopped by the Scott Supercharger site about a week ago (Sep. 21st), and saw some progress: Looks like some of the Civil work was done, as well as some of the Underground piping. Could not find any equipment delivered yet, or workers present. The site is just past the roundabout, and in between the Shell gas station and the Candyland Cottage Ice Cream shop.

Attachments

• IMG_4265.jpeg
    IMG_4265.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4266.jpeg
    IMG_4266.jpeg
    809.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    910.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4268.jpeg
    IMG_4268.jpeg
    617.3 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: ZAKEEUS
I would normally agree with this, but SWLA has 3 in a 40 mile stretch in an even smaller Tesla hotspot.
I haven't been through there since I picked up my Plaid (in Houston), but there used to be just the one by Sonic in Lake Charles. Looks like they added one West of there and, very surprisingly, added one at the Exxon at the Bayou Rum Factory exit. I was just there a month ago and didn't see it.

Stopped by the Scott Supercharger site about a week ago (Sep. 21st), and saw some progress: Looks like some of the Civil work was done, as well as some of the Underground piping. Could not find any equipment delivered yet, or workers present. The site is just past the roundabout, and in between the Shell gas station and the Candyland Cottage Ice Cream shop.
This makes more sense than at the library. Closer to the Interstate and closer to shops and activities while you wait to charge. Looks fairly close to Billy's. Cracklin's will be the cardiac death of me!

Candyland will benefit from the charger bank...

1696435267648.png

I was just in Scott this weekend... I forgot to go look at this site. I'm not real sure why they're building another bank of chargers in Scott, when there's already a bank 4 exits down and those are rarely full. In fact, the only time I saw them close to full is when I sponsored the Tesla Owners Group gathering a couple years ago.