Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scott, LA (Lafayette Parish)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears it will be a generic (likely pay) charging station. My contacts are not responding to emails for some reason. I talked to a buddy at LCG, but this is an LPL project, not an LCG project.

I'm hoping it will be a few Tesla chargers alongside the "pay for" charger.

Awesome catch nh-srt8! That isn't anywhere near the new library. That's the Louisiana exit in front of Target, Office Depot and PetCo. Much more suitable location for a supercharger. This is exciting.

Confirmed, Lafayette you're getting a supercharger! Louisiana Ave. @ I-10.

Saw it in a Tesla document on 4/1/19 (its real, not a late April Fools joke). Am not at liberty to divulge how or from whom I gained this insight, at their request. But since the 811 ticket has been found, I can confirm it's real and it's happening.

Confirmed, Lafayette you're getting a supercharger! Louisiana Ave. @ I-10. Saw it in a Tesla document on 4/1/19 (its real, not a late April Fools joke). Am not at liberty to divulge how or from whom I gained this insight, at their request. But since the 811 ticket has been found, I can confirm it's real and it's happening.

I wonder how long we can expect to wait before it's up and working? Is there a typical timeframe to go from "permit" to "active" status? Likely different for every installation.

Confirmed, Lafayette you're getting a supercharger! Louisiana Ave. @ I-10.

Saw it in a Tesla document on 4/1/19 (its real, not a late April Fools joke). Am not at liberty to divulge how or from whom I gained this insight, at their request. But since the 811 ticket has been found, I can confirm it's real and it's happening.

You didn't see one for New Orleans on that list did you?

You didn't see one for New Orleans on that list did you?

You never know who you will run into while at the BR supercharger... or what they may show you in the course of friendly conversation.
There was a second location on the I-10 corridor. I did successfully guess the City name, it was not New Orleans. But since I gave my word I would not divulge information until it was found, I not going to say more than split the gaps between current SC's.

I have been looking for utility location tickets for it without success. Haven't tried looking for building permits yet. My guess is once Lafayette completes the permit process the other location would follow shortly thereafter.

The other tidbit I was shown was a screenshot of a 3 supercharging at 145 Kw, on a V2 supercharger. Which is to say there is a firmware update coming for increasing model 3 charging speeds on legacy V2 superchargers, nice.

Laplace or Hammond?
Was not aware Hammond had been moved. Laplace would make sense from a roadway standpoint, being at the intersection of two interstates, but I'm not sure it has the shopping and food infrastructure to fit with Tesla's siting criteria. Think of the LC, BR & now Lafayette Superchargers and their surrounding amenities. That's what Tesla would be looking for in a location.

Laplace or Hammond?

FYI, Electrify America is currently constructing one of their DC fast charging (CCS/CHAdeMO) stations at Hammond Square Mall (Target parking lot). It looks to be nearly complete and waiting on the transformer from Entergy (just my casual observation from watching progress).

I think this would be a good location for a Tesla Supercharger - Hammond sits at the intersection of I-12 and I-55 (major east-west meets major north-south routes) and is almost exactly equidistant from Baton Rouge & Slidell sites (45 miles from each).

403248.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ZAKEEUS and MarcoRP
Here’s a PlugShare photo of the chargers at Scott x Lafayette Library. 2 Destination Chargers and 2 ClipperCreeks.
9176A188-4EE3-49E0-A8BC-4829DD434769.jpeg

So, is this thread about the Lafayette Supercharger or the Scott Library?

Reactions: mociaf9
Scott, LA seems to be getting a Tesla Supercharger after all.

May 5, 2023 report by KATC News:
SCOTT, La. — Tesla charging stations could soon be coming to the city of Scott -- at no cost to the city.

Last night, council members approved a resolution giving the mayor authority to execute a license between the city of Scott and Tesla.

The location of the proposed eight Supercharger stalls is "across from Candyland Cottage and Ice Cream Shoppe" on land owned by the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD).

Approximate Coordinates: 30.242824, -92.106077

@corywright @tes-s @Big Earl @Tdreamer

City Council Agenda: https://www.cityofscott.org/_files/ugd/66f8d9_6aa4c2b3d3474373a16359e99bb08c27.pdf

Resolution #2023-1614 Resolution authorizing the mayor to execute a supercharger license agreement by and between the City of Scott and Teslar Inc.

and May 08 meeting minutes:

https://www.cityofscott.org/_files/ugd/66f8d9_aff3b996195f4182a1c221bc9bab7b23.pdf

Councilman Moreau motioned to adopt Resolution 2O23-L6, A Resolution authorizing the mayor to execute a supercharger license agreement by and between the City of Scott and Tesla, Inc. Mayor Richard stated that this agreement would not cost the City anything. Eight super charging stations would be constructed by the end of 2023. No discussion. Seconded by Councilman Boudreaux, motion carried unanimously.

Did a searchandstatus search on the surrounding area and found this survey ticket from March although I couldn't find anything on it to indicate Tesla or Superchargers.

https://www.searchandstatus.com/la...Ey9vvwcNFMkkp4A7OQUoeX0RzAP4abG8jgsBhEpIqrnUE

1683811450871.png