Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scott, LA (Lafayette Parish)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I had read on this forum about the new superchargers going up in Scott, LA, but I just searched and couldn't find anything. So this will be the official thread for announcements and updates related to construction.

There is a new library going up in Scott, LA, a small city within Lafayette Parish (think county). Within the library complex, there will be superchargers. This is an ideal location as it is right off Interstate 10 and is (almost to the minute) halfway between the Lake Charles supercharger and the Baton Rouge supercharger... one hour between each.

I confirmed with a friend in the Planning and Zoning Commission that construction is underway and should be completed first quarter of 2019.

Watching...
If true this would be a great location and at 216 miles from Houston an easy reach for a LR RWD M3. Will be a great addition to the SC network allowing access to points south. Any idea if these will be high amperage version 2 chargers or urban chargers.

If true this would be a great location and at 216 miles from Houston an easy reach for a LR RWD M3.
It is a perfect location being it is almost exactly (to the mile) halfway between Lake Charles and Baton Rouge.

Any idea if these will be high amperage version 2 chargers or urban chargers.
The building permits are not that specific. I expect it will be the same as the Lake Charles and Baton Rouge chargers.

This is awesome! Not sure if you’re a member, but a lot of people here would be happy to hear this...

513 Old Spanish Trail?

New public library under construction in Scott

City of Scott Moving Along With Apollo Road Extension – Developing Lafayette

Yes, probably.

Apollo Road will be extended so the new library will ultimately be on the SE corner of Old Spanish Trail and Apollo Road.

About a 6 minute, 2 mile diversion overall.
Very close to US-90, and ultimately (after Apollo Road is extended) within 5 miles of US-167.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZAKEEUS
Apollo Road will be extended so the new library will ultimately be on the SE corner of Old Spanish Trail and Apollo Road.
It's actually interesting what they did... they built a nice big road to connect Hwy 90 with Old Spanish Trail. Apollo is the current light, so I'm not so sure the nice new road they built will be Apollo, but rather will run parallel with Apollo. There are a couple businesses on the current Apollo (plus the aforementioned light), so they can't just abandon Apollo.

It is a fairly easy location to get to from I-10, so that's a bonus. If you don't like reading, I'm not sure what you'd do while you charge. There is NOTHING anywhere close to there. No restaurants, no shopping, nothing. At least not yet.

I was just out there a few months ago and there was just parking lot and concrete. They are making MAJOR progress very quickly.

It's actually interesting what they did... they built a nice big road to connect Hwy 90 with Old Spanish Trail. Apollo is the current light, so I'm not so sure the nice new road they built will be Apollo, but rather will run parallel with Apollo. There are a couple businesses on the current Apollo (plus the aforementioned light), so they can't just abandon Apollo.

It is a fairly easy location to get to from I-10, so that's a bonus. If you don't like reading, I'm not sure what you'd do while you charge. There is NOTHING anywhere close to there. No restaurants, no shopping, nothing. At least not yet.

I was just out there a few months ago and there was just parking lot and concrete. They are making MAJOR progress very quickly.
I know what I’ll be doing when I go there. Eating Boudin!

Seeing as it's a library, still seems more of a destination charger location. Not much dining choice, unless Louisiana has some strange library-restaurant thing going.
I think you called it. I was looking for other things when I came across the following: Lafayette Public Library Board of Control Meeting Minutes-- 2018-01-22 (PDF warning)
Part of the drive and parking lot have been poured at West Regional Library. Tesla does plan to donate two Tesla charging units and one Universal electric vehicle charging unit to the site.

That sounds like one of Tesla's normal Destination Charging program donations. Which, given the location and limited amenities around it, makes more sense to me than a supercharger. A supercharger in Scott or Lafayette would be well placed, but it doesn't look like this will be it.

There does seem to be activity in Lafayette, though. There is a utility survey for the Stirling Center at the intersection of I-10 and Louisiana Ave. for a Supercharger. Utility survey are not necessarily a definitive indication of siting, but you usually don't have construction without one.

If someone in the area could check it out, that would be helpful.

There does seem to be activity in Lafayette, though. There is a utility survey for the Stirling Center at the intersection of I-10 and Louisiana Ave. for a Supercharger. Utility survey are not necessarily a definitive indication of siting, but you usually don't have construction without one. If someone in the area could check it out, that would be helpful.
I'll make a call to my buddy at LCG Traffic and Transportation.

Reactions: BerTX