Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scottsdale, AZ - E Shea Blvd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gjunky

Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs
Mar 26, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
There is a new 16 stall supercharger under construction on the NW corner of the 101 freeway and Shea Blvd right in front of the Dog Training facility. The transformers and Stalls are up. Looks like this might be completed very soon.
33.583530,-111.893964
I didn't have time to see if these are V3 but i assume so. I will check in the next few days

PXL_20220517_002403218.jpg
PXL_20220517_002348736.jpg
PXL_20220517_002535780.jpg

A couple rough photos from yesterday taken from the car as it was 102 outside

supercharger pic.jpg

Checked out the site this morning, the green bin is gone and only a few spindles remain.

I tried plugging in but it's not turned on yet. In the Tesla app the cable shows as 'red' and there is no indicator at the charging port. I did notice that the button on the cable worked to disengage the charger lock.

Seems like it'll go live soon

Reactions: mociaf9 and Sparky1
View attachment 807122
Checked out the site this morning, the green bin is gone and only a few spindles remain.

I tried plugging in but it's not turned on yet. In the Tesla app the cable shows as 'red' and there is no indicator at the charging port. I did notice that the button on the cable worked to disengage the charger lock.

Seems like it'll go live soon
If I remember correctly, the button still has the semi-mechanical linkage from the J1772 design. That's why if you try to unplug something like the mobile connector while it's not hooked up to the wall it'll still come out.

Reactions: awokeinthelbc
Actually, it looks like someone damaged a bunch of the units. Must be vandalism. Look closely at all of the tops of each pedestal.
Nope, not vandalism, just the installation crew doing things in a way that will save them some time & effort. When they know that they'll have to get back into the posts again to continue work, for inspections, or for testing they often don't fully close them up. So you'll occasionally see them without those top caps on or with the entire back half of the shell off, etc. In places that get an appreciable amount of rain they sometimes drape plastic bags over the top to protect the internals from getting too wet when they do this, but that's not a high risk for this location.