Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portland Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - New Tesla owner here (delivery in a few days!!). I saw on the Tesla Supercharger map a tentative location in SE Portland. Does anybody have info on location and timing?

The grey pins on Tesla's website map show their intentions, but not necessary how close they are to reality. The best place to look is supercharge.info - this map shows information gathered by Tesla fans across the world that show locations both with are both solidly in progress (blue permit dots) and under construction (orange cones).

As you can see there aren't any in Portland at the moment. It doesn't mean nothing is coming, it might just mean a local hasn't spotted anything yet! If you know how to search the local city website for permits then you might have some luck there.

Hey guys, i checked the tesla website and it shows there’s a new one being built around the south waterfront area, this would be super convenient because I live in an apartment complex downtown and the nearest one is in Tigard (Which is 75kw) and Hillsboro (250kw) both kind of far.
none of them show on the supercharge.info site :(

Hey guys, i checked the tesla website and it shows there’s a new one being built around the south waterfront area, this would be super convenient because I live in an apartment complex downtown and the nearest one is in Tigard (Which is 75kw) and Hillsboro (250kw) both kind of far.
none of them show on the supercharge.info site :(
I wouldn't take the Tesla website as any indication at all if there is a pin but no confirmed location. As you can see if you zoom in, that pin is placed directly on the interstate. It's just a general "Portland" pin - possibly the supercharger project in the Fox Tower downtown that seems to have stalled.

I've watched half a dozen Teslas being delivered nearly each evening I've gone for a run past OMSI in the area of SE 4th Ave & Division Pl. With so many cars coming to the area, and as a transplant from the Bay Area, I'm baffled as to the low number of superchargers. A lot of people in Portland rent and don't have chargers at home, and this is all the more evident by the number of vehicles I've seen charging at Tigard, Sandy, and in Troutdale.. I'm really surprised Tesla hasn't added more chargers in Oregon as much as they have in suburban and small urban areas in California (specifically, Santa Cruz, Salinas, and San Luis Obispo). Bend, for example, has only ONE supercharger station, and if you're driving from Bend to Portland on the weekend, expect to wait 30mins or more to use it.. (and then do your shopping at the Fred Myer).

I'd really like to understand what the overall plan is or what metric they're using to add more superchargers. I feel like I shouldn't have range anxiety today driving a 2018 LR AWD M3 in progressive Oregon, but I do! I haven't had this feeling in California since 2019.

Last edited:
Bend, for example, has only ONE supercharger station, and if you're driving from Bend to Portland on the weekend, expect to wait 30mins or more to use it..
Have you actually seen that happen at the Bend Supercharger? I find that pretty unlikely. Having full stations and having to wait for a spot is something that happens much more in the California sites, rather than outside of that.