Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seabrook, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What bad timing :(

I'm going to be up in this area this weekend, and could *really* use this SC! But instead, I'm going to have to build my own 6-50->14-50 adapter so I can charge near my destination. This SC would have made it so much easier. Guess it's not going live in 5 days. Boo.

Eventually there will be Superchargers. One day I shall see more than the occasional Model S, because people will be able to Supercharge their way to Mt Desert Island.

PS Assuming Panera Proximity is a requirement for a Supercharger, then the WalMart in Augusta would be a good location, since there's a Panera over a crosswalk on a less-traveled side road off the main drag in the Marketplace mall area.

WalMart does have a permit for high value construction, but it'll be something else.

This is from earlier today. There was a guy there who didn't want to be in the photo working on wiring the pylons but who had no idea when it would be done.
SC.jpg

SC-1.jpg

Hmmm. Does not look good for my trip to Camden on weekend of 9/25-27. Oh, well, maybe next trip.
(Not sure my 70D will have been delivered by then anyway, but if it is, I am not sure I would try going to Camden without this SC in operation.)

Hmmm. Does not look good for my trip to Camden on weekend of 9/25-27. Oh, well, maybe next trip.
(Not sure my 70D will have been delivered by then anyway, but if it is, I am not sure I would try going to Camden without this SC in operation.)

If you bought the adapter, the Fore St Parking Garage in Portland has a CHAdeMO and a J1772. It's smack bang downtown, so plenty to occupy your time.
Dedham to Portland is 127 miles, Portland to Camden is 80 miles. Since you'll be driving Route 1 and the temperatures should be OK (it's September, Maine's nice month), with charging in Portland you'd be able to make the distances comfortably. If you can find some destination charging in the Camden area as backup you'd really be fine.

(Also a CHAdeMO at the South Portland Community Center, but nothing around there.)

- - - Updated - - -

I am very excited to see this moving along. I stop by every few days on my way home from work to check out the progress. Can't wait for my M3 so I can actually use a SC! 2+years and counting

Pictures or it didn't happen.

What? Are you from California? Maine definitely has more than one nice month per year (averaged over a few years).

Note that I live inland: not the same weather conditions as the coast.

No, I'm from the UK! So I find it too hot and humid in summer and too cold and snowy in winter*, but I do actually generally** like the spring and fall. I like the greater number of clear, sunny days, but don't like the larger amount of rain***.

My wife is a native of Maine with mild Reynaud's so ask her her favorite mon and she'll tell you September before you can get the th out: pleasant daytime temperatures, cool nights and low humidity.

I really just wanted to point out that weather conditions should be decent for the drive, so they shouldn't a lot of heat or AC.

* So you know, I'm not whining about it. I hate that people live a huge country with a variety of climates, and complain about the weather rather than trying to move somewhere nicer. Really, I can handle the cold, it's the inconvenience of snow that gets me more.
** Been here 8 years, and one thing I would _not_ call the weather is "samey".
*** Yes, that's right. Average rainfall here is about 91% greater than where I last lived in the UK. That's just the rain...

If you bought the adapter, the Fore St Parking Garage in Portland has a CHAdeMO and a J1772.

Right, and thanks for that tip. But that is a fairly pricey adapter. Correction, a very pricey adapter. Not yet convinced I would use it enough to justify the cost.

Then again, I also see that there are some Nissan dealers along the way as well.

(Too bad we can't borrow one of the CHAdeMO adapters that Bjorn Nyland is lending folks in Norway!)

Part of the problem is that I expect to be driving 100 or so miles around the area once I get there.

But likely all academic anyway. I have not yet heard a firm delivery date for my 70D, so it is unlikely to arrive before next weekend.

Last edited: